The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am such a Dumbass and joined the club

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 01:48 AM
Saddle Tramp
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

uklauren and everyone else that takes they dang ambien, i will not sleep without them just like uk, ill be up for 4 days, one thing i have stop doing is waking up in the middle of the night , well not really awake but sleepwalking and getting on the bike wearing nothing but my boxers and a old t shirt with holes in it down to get biscuits and gravy for breakfast, they know if if im wearing nothing but my boxers riding, im asleep, just feed me and ill go away lol. Thats only happened one time actually, now i put all my keys in a safe box so that cant heppen. We all have those dumbass days, glad you all good a laugh out of mine, atleast when a person is having a real crappy day someone else might hear about it and it just make there day. I got the bike all fixed today except for buffing out the fairing, you all RIde Safe and drugs are fun but bad for ya.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:58 AM
lumper
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats an honest story and funny as hell, thank you.

I wouldnt call you names other than unlucky at that moment.

It never rains and then it pours, ya know.

Good story, could have been a lot worse.
Could have broken your leg, dog could have gotten hit, you could have run over another dog searching for yours, when you went down you could have knocked over a gas can and a lantern and been pinned in a fire.
You had it pretty good after all.

Lump

Old 10-18-2012, 05:00 AM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bad day bud, but it WAS funny.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:50 AM
meff
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i work 12 hr. swing shifts. bumping/checking the timing on an old ironhead after being up all night had me stuck in a shed door with a running bike on top of me.i come home an go to bed now, get up early if theres something i have to deal with.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:18 AM
elbohead
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You needed a nap so you took a sleeping pill? Seriously?

Old 10-18-2012, 07:57 AM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad to hear you lived through all of this!

I FEAR getting trapped under my bike, throw in a tight fight small storage shed, shelving, etc. and my claustrophobia is kicking in just reading about it.

By adding the dog getting loose portion you definitely have a good country song ... The squeeze toy "lure" is over the top! LOL

I have nightmares I'll slip my hand off the clutch and the next thing is the handle bar accelerator you're holding onto twists in reaction to popping the clutch and off you go.

In my dreams I've stopped for a red light, the clutch cable fails and zoom I'm in traffic. The other nightmares include running into the house, or smashing it inside of the garage into a wall.

When I stop on the road, or I'm maneuvering to park, I keep my hand on the front brake all the time, like a death grip.

You're a lucky man to walk away from all that and be able to look back and just deal with it. Best wishes your ride gets fixed up like before.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:08 PM
deuceriderusa
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Geez. And I thought I had a bad day. Thanks for a great story.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Saddle Tramp
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by elbohead
You needed a nap so you took a sleeping pill? Seriously?
Yeah i have a bad sleeping disorder, it doesnt matter how tired i am i wont sleep unless i take a pill, its not something new,ive been like this for many years.

Its not just having a little trouble sleeping and taking a pill at the drop of a hat, i'll be up for days if i dont take it, we all have some kind of problem, a person just deals with it in the best way they can find without hurting anyone else, and im not in a habit of of leaving the house when i take one, but it is what it is, true story and dumbass as it was.

Thanks for everyone's replys and storys of chit happens, gave me a laugh to, everyone ride safe.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:51 PM
len_atwork
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just the other day I was thinking I might need to try sleeping pills. I just don't feel like I'm getting enough rest. Even on my days off, I can't sleep in like I used to. Thanks for the nice clear explanation of why that's a bad idea for me. Maybe I'll try yoga or meditation instead.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:59 PM
Mark_H
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

**** happens man, today it happened to you. At least at the end of the day, no matter what happens, I bet your dog still curled up with you when you took a nap!

Quick Reply: I am such a Dumbass and joined the club