The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neighbor trouble.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Freedom of the Ride
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neighbor trouble.

Tuned my bike up, just took it up and down the street twice, the neighbors have kids a couple blocks down. (Was not hot rodding or showing off in any way) I didn't get passed third gear when I turned around to go back, two dudes with metal objects in their hands (looked like little pry bars) are in the street and waiting. I stop, guy says we got kids that play here, I say I know, I slow down through here, whats your point? guy says you run too fast through here. I say you know I got kids too, (shut off my bike, he backs up, other one goes back to his yard at this point.) I ask him what do you want to do? he says nothing walks off back to his house madly. I shook my head, fired up my scoot rode home. Now I am at home with my scoot in the garage wondering if I am going to have trouble riding it in the neighborhood this is a suburban area, not too rough a place cept for me I guess.
Are they generally worried about their kids (they evidently let them play in the street, I mean cm'on) Or does my long hair and Harley make their old ladies wet when I ride by? (If I ask them that, I will probably get jumped), but has anyone else got made to feel like your doing something wrong enjoying your bike?

Old 09-22-2012, 04:07 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

They had pry bars????
I felt threatened call 911

Old 09-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Freedom of the Ride
Novice

Originally Posted by firefighter616
They had pry bars????
I felt threatened call 911

Yeah, I thought seriously about doing just that, but when I shut my bike off the expressions on their faces went from threatning to I made a mistake real fast, that's why I said what do you want to do? to the one that backed up. Im not a big tough dude, I'm average so I think they were trying to impress each other rather than actually throw down with me. So I figure they are talking big to one another right now, but are more the call the cops to solve their problems type.

Last edited by Freedom of the Ride; 09-22-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:27 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im sorry is it me, or am i over reacting... me myself, the kick stand would had came down and the Glock 22 come out. two things would had happened. they lay on the ground till the cops got there, or they get shot... just me...

Old 09-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 960 Likes on 569 Posts

Call HRS and complain that children are being allowed to play in the street!!

Old 09-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Freedom of the Ride
Novice

Originally Posted by HOG_0308
im sorry is it me, or am i over reacting... me myself, the kick stand would had came down and the Glock 22 come out. two things would had happened. they lay on the ground till the cops got there, or they get shot... just me...
Your not over reacting, I'm sitting here thinking, that happened down the street wtf? I didnt have my helmet, knife, gun, nothing. If they had ***** and struck me in the head I would have been done for. But this was a case of showing how tough they are. Tough enough to threaten but not act on it, fortunately for me.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:35 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,871 Likes on 9,333 Posts

Maybe they only wanted to ask you to give them a ride. The things they had in their hands were gardening trawls that their bought for them.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Freedom of the Ride
Novice

Originally Posted by Hammerhead Pat
Call HRS and complain that children are being allowed to play in the street!!
lol! That's what my old lady said! I think she may just do it, she is way madder than I am, they may have really screwed up pissing her off lol!

Old 09-22-2012, 04:38 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Freedom of the Ride
Tuned my bike up, just took it up and down the street twice, the neighbors have kids a couple blocks down. (Was not hot rodding or showing off in any way) I didn't get passed third gear when I turned around to go back, two dudes with metal objects in their hands (looked like little pry bars) are in the street and waiting. I stop, guy says we got kids that play here, I say I know, I slow down through here, whats your point? guy says you run too fast through here. I say you know I got kids too, (shut off my bike, he backs up, other one goes back to his yard at this point.) I ask him what do you want to do? he says nothing walks off back to his house madly. I shook my head, fired up my scoot rode home. Now I am at home with my scoot in the garage wondering if I am going to have trouble riding it in the neighborhood this is a suburban area, not too rough a place cept for me I guess.
Are they generally worried about their kids (they evidently let them play in the street, I mean cm'on) Or does my long hair and Harley make their old ladies wet when I ride by? (If I ask them that, I will probably get jumped), but has anyone else got made to feel like your doing something wrong enjoying your bike?

Unless they wanted to ask if they could throw a new set of Metzler 880s on for you, two guys with pry bars intended to intimidate.

If some clown were dangerously blasting up and down the block, I might approach him cautiously and ask him to please ride more carefully. Any weapon(s) that I might choose to carry would be concealed and for emergency only. Approaching someone with a weapon is a good way to get hurt, killed, or imprisoned.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Freedom of the Ride
Novice

Originally Posted by EasternSP
Maybe they only wanted to ask you to give them a ride. The things they had in their hands were gardening trawls that their bought for them.
Yea, bitch would definatley be the spot on a bike for these guys! lol

Quick Reply: Neighbor trouble.