The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neighbor trouble.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 11:26 AM
MYCRISIS
Elite HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by tccraiger
He doesn't deserve an apology if he was riding his bike through a residential neighborhood at 45mph ++ SLOW DOWN!
I guess I missed the speed limit, OP going 45+++, it's ok to attempt intimidation with weapons on a public street part. My Bad.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:30 AM
seabitch
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Makes me glad we live in the country now too. BUT we are still in Tx. Ever gets too rough with the wrong neighbors again, PM some of us and we'll come visit ya with a street fulla bikes during toys for tots xmas run time. Then watch the peckerheads scratch their heads when ALL the rugrats come running out in the street to see what the "nasty *** riders" have with them That should get your other neighbors to thinkin bout who the REAL yerks are in your neighborhood

Old 09-23-2012, 11:47 AM
god61021
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HOG_0308
im sorry is it me, or am i over reacting... me myself, the kick stand would had came down and the Glock 22 come out. two things would had happened. they lay on the ground till the cops got there, or they get shot... just me...
yes you are way over reactin, theses punks posed no threat and shuffled back to the safety of their homes when the op didnt back down.

if you are that afraid of everyone you should not carry a gun, you are gonna shoot someone for no reason one day.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,791 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by Freedom of the Ride
Tuned my bike up, just took it up and down the street twice, the neighbors have kids a couple blocks down. (Was not hot rodding or showing off in any way) I didn't get passed third gear when I turned around to go back, two dudes with metal objects in their hands (looked like little pry bars) are in the street and waiting. I stop, guy says we got kids that play here, I say I know, I slow down through here, whats your point? guy says you run too fast through here. I say you know I got kids too, (shut off my bike, he backs up, other one goes back to his yard at this point.) I ask him what do you want to do? he says nothing walks off back to his house madly. I shook my head, fired up my scoot rode home. Now I am at home with my scoot in the garage wondering if I am going to have trouble riding it in the neighborhood this is a suburban area, not too rough a place cept for me I guess.
Are they generally worried about their kids (they evidently let them play in the street, I mean cm'on) Or does my long hair and Harley make their old ladies wet when I ride by? (If I ask them that, I will probably get jumped), but has anyone else got made to feel like your doing something wrong enjoying your bike?

F' them- some people are prejudiced or jealous of bikers- if you're doing all the things you say, then they can eat ****.

My neighbors know me, I look after their kids, I don't make trouble, I ride a Harley, wear leathers, and wear colors.

I tend to my world and they do theirs- a balanced relationship.

'Age quod agis'

Old 09-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Freedom of the Ride
Novice

Talked to their next door neighbor tonight, they say the guy who took the lead in the approach on me is always yelling at their kids to get out of his yard. Which I think is the piece of sidewalk next to the kids driveway lol! they say he is a real *****, I think the guy across the street who stood out there, and went to his yard first was intimidated into it buy the other. Probably seen me and my scoot and figured he had to show how big his stick is I guess,( I have only been here almost a year, and just got my bike running on a regular basis about 4 weeks ago).Thanks to everyone on here for your opinions and advice, and you know, maybe this street needs a good dirty *** rider convention at my house,good idea! And toys for tots would make it even better, (because I dont want these kids to think Im dangerous in anyway, that is freaking horrible, a guy is not a threat because he rides a bike). And I do not speed through that area even though I said I got to third, that was never meant in that area, that was the top gear of the whole trip and was on the two lane main where I made a U turn to head back. I dont want anyone on here thinking I would do that either, I have a class A with a Haz Mat for 11 years for crying out loud, I'm pretty damn safe out there. The point on this thread was the harassment issue, because it massively depressed me, I felt judged and wrongly accused but thanks to a bunch of you all on here I feel better many thanks!

Old 09-23-2012, 09:09 PM
MYCRISIS
Elite HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts

Talked to their next door neighbor tonight, they say the guy who took the lead in the approach on me is always yelling at their kids to get out of his yard. Which I think is the piece of sidewalk next to the kids driveway lol! they say he is a real *****, I think the guy across the street who stood out there, and went to his yard first was intimidated into it buy the other. Probably seen me and my scoot and figured he had to show how big his stick is I guess,( I have only been here almost a year, and just got my bike running on a regular basis about 4 weeks ago).Thanks to everyone on here for your opinions and advice, and you know, maybe this street needs a good dirty *** rider convention at my house,good idea! And toys for tots would make it even better, (because I dont want these kids to think Im dangerous in anyway, that is freaking horrible, a guy is not a threat because he rides a bike). And I do not speed through that area even though I said I got to third, that was never meant in that area, that was the top gear of the whole trip and was on the two lane main where I made a U turn to head back. I dont want anyone on here thinking I would do that either, I have a class A with a Haz Mat for 11 years for crying out loud, I'm pretty damn safe out there. The point on this thread was the harassment issue, because it massively depressed me, I felt judged and wrongly accused but thanks to a bunch of you all on here I feel better many thanks!
Dont let this dweeb kill your buzz of your new hood. Godspeed.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:12 PM
hdtwice
Road Master

The point on this thread was the harassment issue, because it massively depressed me, I felt judged and wrongly accused but thanks to a bunch of you all on here I feel better many thanks!
Really? If those azzhats depressed you, worse yet "massively depressed" you....then you need to toughen the fawk up.....seriously.

You sound like a good guy who means well but listen there have been, are, and will be ******** in the world so recognize them and move on.

Happy trails

Old 09-23-2012, 11:31 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You handled it well.

If they're close neighbors I would go have a chat with them. Tell them you understand their concern for their kids. Let them know you're willing to talk and be civil, if not friendly. Then I would ask about the weapons and why they thought they were necessary. Hate to say it but their is a prejudice against HD riders.

Good luck.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:13 AM
Armyman2988
Cruiser

Hey I have plenty of buddies, a lot of them former military, and we like to ride together. Let us know where you live and we can all come ride our loud bikes and park them right in front of this guys house and have ourselves a good time right out in front of his house and see how he likes it.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:00 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Everything else aside. Once you turned off the bike and asked what's next, they backed down. Leave it at that and know that they have no steel.

Quick Reply: Neighbor trouble.