The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neighbor trouble.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 08:40 PM
CB024
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Freedom of the Ride
I feel like if I pushed it in front of their houses they would find a reason to bitch, this was a jerk move on their part. The road curves down there and I have to drop a gear to turn so it probably is a noise issue more than speed.
You're probably right. At any rate your pride shouldn't be hurt. You shut the bike off and asked what was next. They walked away. I would say you handled it well. Don't let them pull you into their game. You pull a gun and they will call the police. Its 2 of them and 1 of you so unless there are witnesses it could get into a your word vs theirs. These aholes aren't worth jail time. Just be cautious from here on out around that area is my only advice.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Bocifus
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
3rd gear on a 25 mph neighborhood street. Says it all. However they should not have came out with any bars. In my neighborhood, that would have stretched a wire across and snatched it up when you rode by.
That stretched wire is pretty f'd up. When I was younger, a bunch of us were riding dirt bikes up in the canyon. Someone put up wire, one of my friends ended up damn near decapitated cuz some ******* didn't like dirtbikes being ridden there. It wasn't private property, however after this murder, the Forrest Service shut the area down for everyone.

All because of an asshat, friends and family had to suffer his lost life.

To Ripsaw, do you really want to kill or injure someone because you think they are speeding?

Old 09-22-2012, 10:15 PM
MYCRISIS
Elite HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts

You handled it right. They did exactly the wrong thing by walking out to the street armed.

If I were you I would go back down there tomorrow after his friend has left and his liquid courage has worn off and just ask what the hell was that all about. He knows you are not scared of him. Let him know that you made a choice not to get the law involved. I bet you get an apology if you handle it straight up.

If you get a decent apology, then just let it slide for now and see how things go. There is nothing worse than a feud with a neighbor, it's miserable and you cannot win.

Good Luck.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:24 PM
SoALposer
Tourer

Wow, guess I"m lucky to live in the deep south, all my neighbors tell me that my bike doesn't bother them a bit. Several ride and one or two are ex old school bikers. Still, I ease along and make the least noise possible, especially when I leave for work in the predawn hours or come in late at night.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:32 AM
bluelineman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have that problem.

Sometimes I bring a friend along to help with neighbors.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:23 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,667 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Since you are in Texas, I would always carry with me & ride as I normally do. If they come at you with weapons--let them know you are prepared to STAND YOUR GROUND--around here, those 3 words usually get results.

Sounds like Texas has bigger ******** than Florida--didn't think that was possible. Fortunately, in every neighborhood I've lived in my neighbors have always been a little leery of me--prolly has something to do with all the bikes that are sometimes parked in my driveway, or my occasional slightly angry outbursts which has on a couple of occasions garnered LEO interest. Your neighbors think you're forked in the head they won't mess with you.

Last edited by dickey; 09-23-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:53 AM
Bromios
6th Gear

Originally Posted by MYCRISIS
You handled it right. They did exactly the wrong thing by walking out to the street armed.

If I were you I would go back down there tomorrow after his friend has left and his liquid courage has worn off and just ask what the hell was that all about. He knows you are not scared of him. Let him know that you made a choice not to get the law involved. I bet you get an apology if you handle it straight up.

If you get a decent apology, then just let it slide for now and see how things go. There is nothing worse than a feud with a neighbor, it's miserable and you cannot win.

Good Luck.
That's a good thing to do. You will still live there for a while and it is always good NOT to have trouble with your neighbours.

Just walk over there and talk it over. Don't be agressive; just ask in a normal way what was going on and this would have easily get out of hand (with their kinds playing around and seeing all this.)

Good luck.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:44 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Sounds about right,give the squeamish time they will get to know you better.The wife and I had the same problem in our new neighborhood,with all our parties and bikers hanging around.The word was be nice to the Ross's or they will burn your houses down.Can't imagine how that got started.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:50 AM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

YOU take the high road and don't be an bunghole like those two...They could have been good/normal neighbors and just had a FRIENDLY chat expressing their concern about the kids on the street WITHOUT THREATENING YOU WITH WEAPONS from the start...I would report it to the police officially so if they mess with you again, it's shows a pattern of violent behavior...Oh, then if they do it again, is it a CIVIL RIGHTS CASE??? Metal pipes, sounds like they are trying to take your right to drive down a public street away from you...I have a SERIOUS BUNGHOLE neighbor who gets his joy in life by upsetting the neighbors...he's tried that with me and I NEVER LET HIM GET A REACTION FROM ME, EVER...I JUST SMILE...DRIVES HIM OUT OF HIS MIND AND I LOVE IT!!!!

Old 09-23-2012, 06:56 AM
SinisterX
Road Warrior
Received 1,362 Likes on 473 Posts

Obviously not the first time you raced up and down the hood.

Quick Reply: Neighbor trouble.