The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neighbor trouble.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Freedom of the Ride
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kwo51
We had no place else to play when young. I can get 65 out of 3 gear, loud pipes wake up baby's and night workers. Confronting with firearm could get messy. Cooler heads did prevail,good job.
Cool head, but hurt pride, I didnt do anything wrong, I rode my bike home, if they care so much about their kids they should keep them out of the street. Mine and theirs for that matter have back yards, they just wanted an excuse to look manly, their old ladys probably emasculate them on a regular basis.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:21 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 21,508 Likes on 8,454 Posts

Originally Posted by firefighter616
They had pry bars????
I felt threatened call 911
Call 1911

Old 09-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,014 Likes on 4,204 Posts

3rd gear on a 25 mph neighborhood street. Says it all. However they should not have came out with any bars. In my neighborhood, that would have stretched a wire across and snatched it up when you rode by.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Freedom of the Ride
Novice

Originally Posted by CB024
Not sure how fast you were going. I never leave 2nd gear in my neighborhood mainly because of a high volume of children that play in the houses on the street I exit from. I cant count how many times in the cage some kids ball or tonka truck has rolled out into the street in front of me or some kid riding their bicycle has zipped out in front of me not paying any attention.
I feel like if I pushed it in front of their houses they would find a reason to bitch, this was a jerk move on their part. The road curves down there and I have to drop a gear to turn so it probably is a noise issue more than speed.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Freedom of the Ride
Novice

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
3rd gear on a 25 mph neighborhood street. Says it all. However they should not have came out with any bars. In my neighborhood, that would have stretched a wire across and snatched it up when you rode by.
Cars drive faster than me down this street, chances are they will be peeling their kids out of a 4 wheel vehicles grill before bouncing one of them off the front tire of my bike. They should keep their kids out of the street guess I better stop riding wouldn't want to get my gd head cut off in your neighborhood you *****.

Last edited by Freedom of the Ride; 09-22-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Newharleylover
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,165 Likes on 456 Posts

It sounds to me like you handled it pretty well. It was more that likely a "group think" thing on their part. It's mindboggling how big people think their ***** are when there's more than one of them. But as soon as you shut your bike off and confronted them, they slinked off like the cowards they are. Seems to me that 2 guys with weapons threatening one guy is pretty damned gutless.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:08 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

F*ckin' internet tuff guys with your guns and steel wire.

3rd gear really doesn't tell us anything. My road has a slight but consistent rise as I approach home. I putt along at 25-30 in third gear headed home and idle along at about the same speed in 4th headed out. I try to find the highest gear possible thinking that quiets the bike enough to **** off the neighbors as little as possible.

Really you coulda been going fast in 3rd.

I think it was perception based on noise. Our bikes are loud and deep. People generally associate that with speed. If you had a souped up old muscle car it would sound and look fast no matter how slow you were going.

Dunno what I woulda done. Part of me says I'd make a call to the police and say I was threatened. That could lead to police presence in your neighborhood though and could lead to you being harassed. Maybe a ticket for loud pipes. Probably don't want to invite possible trouble.

Does the wifey play Bunko in the hood? Maybe she could put the word out that these neighbors were being a$$holes in a sneaky way. Neighborhoods are gossip mills unfortunately.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:24 PM
ghawthorn
Cruiser

Someone pulls a pipe on me- they better hit me with it or ***** gonna get real. Disrespect me by approaching me in a threatening manner and it's fine to act appropriately. I'm in ak so I carry my sig 1911 always. On the other side of the coin, I'd never pull it out unless I was going to take it to the next level. People in twos or threes are bigger and tougher than they are by themselves. I wouldn't put up with that if you weren't doing anything wrong freedom I'd hit one of them up one at a time and then see what's up, but don't go there with nothing on your side. Intimidation is a powerful thing but these **** stains will get theirs one day.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:43 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 21,508 Likes on 8,454 Posts

Originally Posted by Dew Me
F*ckin' internet tuff guys with your guns and steel wire.

Run home and call the police! Then they will burn your Ultra to the ground Tuffy.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:20 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,175 Likes on 6,713 Posts

You should start a neighborhood watch group. Sounds like you got some hooligans living there.

Quick Reply: Neighbor trouble.