The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a outlaw style Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 08:29 PM
rharris27
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want and outlaw bike... First thing ya gotta do is steal one. Bonus points if you leave a note for the cops saying who stole it. This way you get a warrant out for your arrest and you can feel like an outlaw too!

Old 08-28-2012, 09:46 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Believe or not, I started watching SOA season 1 on Netflix today lol

Old 08-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Mini bagger....

Old 08-29-2012, 12:46 AM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I actually like the show

I understand that Hollywood distorts every aspect of real life, and in many cases, flat out lies about it. The show is meant for entertainment, no different than watching an action movie in a theater. The fact that I am a fan of it, doesn't mean I want to emulate it or its characters. If people think that that show is how real MC life is, then they're just stupid. Sadly, most Americans are that dumb nowadays.

As far as the SOA bikes go, they're not for me. I don't like that style, and wouldn't do that to a bike of my own. The other MC in the show has a bunch of chromed out touring models with ape hangers on them. Those I like to look at.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:09 AM
risdo
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ I don't see the difference between those tall T-bars and apehangers... they both look equally ridiculous to me...

Originally Posted by QC-RAIDERS-91
you know what ya'll probably throw rocks at me but I first got interested in the frisco style while watching SOA don't remember how but eventually got here and found some of last saints thread and learned about the real purpose of the frisco style I started making research about it and finally falled in love with it, eh how can you not like the idea of a harley who outpast some crotch rocket
You're right, it is a great idea... I just get tired of people thinking I "borrowed" it from a damned TV show.

Especially when I don't even watch TV.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:39 AM
RoadLord
Banned

Originally Posted by '10FatGlidin'
I understand that Hollywood distorts every aspect of real life, and in many cases, flat out lies about it. The show is meant for entertainment, no different than watching an action movie in a theater. The fact that I am a fan of it, doesn't mean I want to emulate it or its characters. If people think that that show is how real MC life is, then they're just stupid. Sadly, most Americans are that dumb nowadays.

As far as the SOA bikes go, they're not for me. I don't like that style, and wouldn't do that to a bike of my own. The other MC in the show has a bunch of chromed out touring models with ape hangers on them. Those I like to look at.
I disagree... it's not like the movies at all, in the movies they cuss, ***** and fight a lot more! Sometimes it's even entertaining where this show is just plain drama and has no more to do with bikers than any other shitty show they have on network TV. They don't talk about their bikes, they treat their bikes like cars. No one on that show talks about the pains they went through to customize their scoots. They don't talk about going on rides nor do they actually ride anywhere, from my limited exposure to that show the funniest part was seeing people in tennis shoes riding (I know that's my age talking but I have a friend who lost his foot on a bike when in tennis shoes, not to say he might have lost it anyway) but I digress, this show doesn't have ANY of the qualities of an action movie you'd seen in the theaters! Most of those theater action movies are pretty shitty in the first place but at least they're produced really well and they make you identify with the characters. Who here thinks they're anything like any of those characters? And if you do think you identify then you're yet another ding dong who falls for Hollywood poorly scripted hype.

***dismounts soapbox***

Old 08-29-2012, 12:11 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadLord
the funniest part was seeing people in tennis shoes riding
Here's some of those "fake TV show bikers" riding "that style" of bike while wearing tennis shoes. Tell them how Hollywood they are.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:52 PM
RoadLord
Banned

Originally Posted by emerican19
Here's some of those "fake TV show bikers" riding "that style" of bike while wearing tennis shoes. Tell them how Hollywood they are.

Oh gosh you scared me... lots of lawyers and upstanding business people who can bring money to that table!
This is exactly why I avoid such factions!
This group is probably responsible for that stupid movie!

Last edited by RoadLord; 08-29-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:55 PM
RoadLord
Banned

er show

Old 08-29-2012, 04:01 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadLord
Oh gosh you scared me... lots of lawyers and upstanding business people who can bring money to that table!
This is exactly why I avoid such factions!
This group is probably responsible for that stupid movie!
What are you even talking about? The thread started as "What is an Outlaw Dyna?", the style had been described. You said that the funniest thing about SOA is that they wear tennis shoes because it's inaccurate. I replied with pictures of actual Outlaw MC's wearing tennis shoes to disprove your argument. The show is very accurate to the style of Northern CA MC's. It's very closely related to the story of HA's in the area. There's lots of fluff and action **** for TV but if you check the history books, lots of similar events happened. All the RICO law ****, CIA's, Feds, snitches, undercover's, drug wars, turf wars. Again, it's laced with some extra sex and explosions for your entertainment.

I didn't say the above pictured people are heroes, role models or have tons of money to contribute to society. Why are you talking about lawyers and business people? Am I not able to ride my bike with tennis shoes because I'm not a doctor or lawyer? This thread wasn't titled "what do you think of MC's?" or "who is able to ride a certain style of bik?e" or even "who do you deem fit for society?"

Again, the simple aim of this thread was for the OP to learn what an "Outlaw style Dyna" is

Quick Reply: What is a outlaw style Dyna?