The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a outlaw style Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012 | 04:15 PM
MrPappagiorgio
Cruiser

Harley-Davidson is the only company I have ever seen that so many people can hate them so much and yet would never buy anything else. I remember seeing an interview with Sonny Barger talking about how much he hates H-D and how he wishes that they didn't put it in the bylaws that you have to ride an H-D to be a member.

Old 09-13-2012 | 04:28 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by MrPappagiorgio
Harley-Davidson is the only company I have ever seen that so many people can hate them so much and yet would never buy anything else. I remember seeing an interview with Sonny Barger talking about how much he hates H-D and how he wishes that they didn't put it in the bylaws that you have to ride an H-D to be a member.
Personally, I'm a big Euro bike fan and would be just as happy on Triumph or BMW. My next bike will be a KTM or Moto Guzzi just because I haven't had either one yet.
My love of Vintage bikes is satisfied with my Shovelhead and the '63 Triumph. The only reason I got the FXD is that it was dirt cheap

Old 09-13-2012 | 06:27 PM
art0565
Road Master

Originally Posted by CB024
I get where he's coming from on that. I get it from both sides. The doctor/lawyer types turn their nose up at me just as much as the "real bikers" do. If acceptance is what I was looking for when getting into motorcycles I would've quit riding a long time ago.

I just face the facts that I’m not rich enough to ride with/be accepted by the doctors/lawyers & I'm not biker enough to ride with/be accepted by the real bikers. None of my friends or family ride so it’s a solitary experience for me. I'm the outcast of the outcast, haha. It doesn’t stop me from enjoying my ride though
You've got my respect...

Old 09-13-2012 | 09:15 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Ah, you got to love the good ol' USA. It's where we all have the freedom to be as closed minded as we want to be while pounding our chests about the right to express our philosophies.

You have to chuckle at the people that want the freedom to do whatever they want but are the first to condem those who do not share their opinions. I guess they only want their own liberties. Ironic? Maybe, maybe not.

We all do it though so one extent or another. Just read through this forum. Almost everyone here has, at one point or another, said their view was right and everyone else that opposed them was not only wrong but should burn in hell because of it.

Old 09-13-2012 | 09:42 PM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by MrPappagiorgio
I understand he rides a Victory now.

Old 09-13-2012 | 11:31 PM
brittin
Cruiser

thanks for the comments everyone. as far as the replies regarding military issue gear for riding, those will all be great and will not give me any problems when i ride to and from work. but out of work, if i try to only wear peices of a uniform and not the whole thing, i will be out of regulations. anyway, when i get back i will shop around and figure out whats best for me. last comment about that...this thread is already off topic and dont want to stray it anymore than it already its. thanks again everyone!

Old 09-14-2012 | 01:07 AM
RoadLord
Banned

BAH HA HA HA HA!!! Now we're all to cool to even be bikers?!?!? This thread DOES indeed suck! :P

Old 09-14-2012 | 01:24 AM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master

Lol I just realized they moved this thread to the general BS forum. Makes sense.

Old 09-14-2012 | 02:46 AM
macnab_sf
Road Master

Originally Posted by brittin
thanks for the comments everyone. as far as the replies regarding military issue gear for riding, those will all be great and will not give me any problems when i ride to and from work. but out of work, if i try to only wear peices of a uniform and not the whole thing, i will be out of regulations. anyway, when i get back i will shop around and figure out whats best for me. last comment about that...this thread is already off topic and dont want to stray it anymore than it already its. thanks again everyone!
hey Britten, these are good pants too: http://www.aerostich.com/jackets-pan...cle-pants.html

Old 09-14-2012 | 12:31 PM
hacksawsgarage
Cruiser
Talking

Originally Posted by alkay191
if you're in the military, you have access to some of the best riding gear out there.
Waterproof boots and goretex parkas. ACU/BDU trousers are my fav for all day comfortable riding pants.
Goretex rain pants work if you sew in velcro the entire length of the pockets and fly ( don't ask how I know).
Army leather gloves and liners as well as jungle boots have been "bikers" fav for many decades.
Most of my camping gear has been military equipment. Only recently I got into high end compact tents and bags, but still carry couple of waterproof laundry bags and panchos on my camping trips.

How can you possibly be a poser if you bought your bike to ride as your whole family have?
Posers, IMO, buy a bike a status symbol or to "keep up with the Jonses".
what if his name is PFC Jones? lol!

Quick Reply: What is a outlaw style Dyna?