The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a outlaw style Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 12:10 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirknar
I'm just having fun. I always thought the shovel in your sig was cool as hell. Here's my stepdads shovel, his only bike. He doesn't ride it a ton, mainly to work, but he works on it a ton..lol
thats a cool old Shovel. your step dad has good taste.
My Shovel (its my 3rd) came to me as worn out and neglected old "club bike" and took about a year to get it right. Since then it has been 1-2 kick bike and very dependable. Slow and rough riding, but I do 200-300mi days on it quite often. Its taken me all over So Cal with very few minor issues.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:37 PM
MrPappagiorgio
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chaz-H
Now, before I write any more, please don't mis-understand this post - I'm not trying to bait anyone, or start another back-and-forth internet battle, or point any fingers... However...

Why does this subject get folks so riled up? I don't understand, especially over the 'net!

Why do people hate on the 'posers' and 'dress-up bikers' (however you choose to define them) so hard?

As much as I can't stand the hippy we've-all-got-to-get-along rattle, it seems kinda appropriate, no? We're all on two wheels, and even on the same bikes! Not just brands, but the actual same models!!!

What I'm getting at, is why does anyone care that Mr. Jones the accountant who lives across the street has just bought a shiny new H-D, with all the rig, tassels 'n' all, to ride it down to the local bar and back once a week. Or the kid down the street has a 1970 Kwak inline 4 hard tail chop he cut and welded up himself, and cuts about thinking he's the most badass thing to come out of America since Mr. T?

I guess the end result is you just leave them in their own worlds, so long as they don't cause too much trouble for you or anyone else. So why does it rag on (some) peoples' **** so much?

That's what I'm saying. I just try to take people for who they are and not judge.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:40 PM
art0565
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirknar
Hey feel free to add to my list, as long as its badass ****!

It sounds like Alkay put the kebosh to me riding with his crew to bike night, not sure why?? maybe I screwed something up on the list..??

anyways, maybe we could start our own Poser beat'n bike night crew?

I cut a mohawk and Im looking for a ratty old metric that I can make into a hardtail and dip into a giant tank of black paint.. Maybe put like plumbing fittings for the exhaust?? Just cool **** like that..

I just want to Make a statement with my bike that says, I ride an absolute pile of ****, thats flat out dangerous to me and other riders but I just dont give a damn, but you hardcore guys think its cool right?? Please tell me you think its cool...

Its gotta be cool but not look cool whatsoever.. You know what I mean Bro!

I want it to look like an old school harley bobber, wait that wouldnt be posing to be a hardcore old school harley bobber rider would it?? ****!

well as long as the bike night isnt too far of a ride, cause my back is going to be killing me from riding that hardtail pile of ****.. But I'll still be down for beat'n on some posers.. Maybe my little sister can pick me up in here car after and give me a ride home..

Let me know bro!
How about if we put our ratty *** bikes on a trailer haul them to local bike night before anyone gets there, unload them then wait till everyone leaves put them back on the trailer and we're done, we can get away with out riding at all!

Old 09-12-2012, 01:10 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Chaz-H
Now, before I write any more, please don't mis-understand this post - I'm not trying to bait anyone, or start another back-and-forth internet battle, or point any fingers... However...

Why does this subject get folks so riled up? I don't understand, especially over the 'net!

Why do people hate on the 'posers' and 'dress-up bikers' (however you choose to define them) so hard?

As much as I can't stand the hippy we've-all-got-to-get-along rattle, it seems kinda appropriate, no? We're all on two wheels, and even on the same bikes! Not just brands, but the actual same models!!!

What I'm getting at, is why does anyone care that Mr. Jones the accountant who lives across the street has just bought a shiny new H-D, with all the rig, tassels 'n' all, to ride it down to the local bar and back once a week. Or the kid down the street has a 1970 Kwak inline 4 hard tail chop he cut and welded up himself, and cuts about thinking he's the most badass thing to come out of America since Mr. T?

I guess the end result is you just leave them in their own worlds, so long as they don't cause too much trouble for you or anyone else. So why does it rag on (some) peoples' **** so much?
You sound like a reasonable bloke, so I'll try to explain my point of view.
Coming up in the '80s, I got to experience the last decade of being "biker trash". Most people I gripe about looked down their nose at people like me and would never ride a leaky, loud, unreliable Harley or a chopper.
At some point in early '90s, Harleys became "cool" to own and before you knew, every other dentist had one. Of course they didn't just buy the bike. They needed to buy "the right look" to go with it. They would dress up in the best "outlaw biker" costume, adorn the new bike with tassels and chrome trinkets and roll up to a local biker bar.
Obviously, they stuck out like red rocket on white poodle. Provided some good laughter and still do. Seems that a new one pops up every day ...
None of them got their butts kicked, but they did get butt hurt because they weren't recognized as "bikers" and weren't welcomed with open arms into the "brotherhood "

Now, don't get me wrong. I AM A MOTORCYCLE ENTHUSIAST. I enjoy most brands and most styles of riding. I've ridden dirt, roadraced, toured, done several Ironbutt 1000in24, one 1500in24 and bar hopped. I love motorcycles, but some people that ride them ... not so much.
I have total respect for a newbee that takes a class, buys new whatever and rides the wheels off it.
I have total respect for some kid that chops up a 350 Honda from a junk yard or does 100mph wheelies on a Ninja, but its hard for me to respect someone as a "biker" who in his mid-life crisis drops $30K on a Screeching Chicken Ultra Classic and rides it 10 miles a week. He might be a great doctor, husband, football coach, but he ain't a "biker" to me.
Some of them are NOT pretentious. They ride when they can and don't pretend to be something they are not. They are cool and not a problem, but there are many that take their new hobby and lifestyle over the top. I find them funny and openly laugh at the show they put on in their pirate outfits.
Their bikes are not hard to spot either. Chicken strips are the first clue, followed by spotless "never been wet" motors. Handlebar fringe and tassels ore really cute too. Cup holders are my fav.
I used to hate them for what they did to new bike prices and market, but now I realize, that they are providing people like me with never ending supply of good, clean, low mile used bikes and parts, not to mention brand new wrecked bikes to rebuild and re-sell. Posers are awesome ! and silly and entertaining

Old 09-12-2012, 01:24 PM
MrPappagiorgio
Cruiser

So ultimately the end result is you are upset they look down on you. I can understand that. Now you are doing the same thing. Read your own post sometime. There is an overwhelming arrogance in the way you talk about these people.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:27 PM
02DynaHH
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
You sound like a reasonable bloke, so I'll try to explain my point of view.
Coming up in the '80s, I got to experience the last decade of being "biker trash". Most people I gripe about looked down their nose at people like me and would never ride a leaky, loud, unreliable Harley or a chopper.
At some point in early '90s, Harleys became "cool" to own and before you knew, every other dentist had one. Of course they didn't just buy the bike. They needed to buy "the right look" to go with it. They would dress up in the best "outlaw biker" costume, adorn the new bike with tassels and chrome trinkets and roll up to a local biker bar.
Obviously, they stuck out like red rocket on white poodle. Provided some good laughter and still do. Seems that a new one pops up every day ...
None of them got their butts kicked, but they did get butt hurt because they weren't recognized as "bikers" and weren't welcomed with open arms into the "brotherhood "

Now, don't get me wrong. I AM A MOTORCYCLE ENTHUSIAST. I enjoy most brands and most styles of riding. I've ridden dirt, roadraced, toured, done several Ironbutt 1000in24, one 1500in24 and bar hopped. I love motorcycles, but some people that ride them ... not so much.
I have total respect for a newbee that takes a class, buys new whatever and rides the wheels off it.
I have total respect for some kid that chops up a 350 Honda from a junk yard or does 100mph wheelies on a Ninja, but its hard for me to respect someone as a "biker" who in his mid-life crisis drops $30K on a Screeching Chicken Ultra Classic and rides it 10 miles a week. He might be a great doctor, husband, football coach, but he ain't a "biker" to me.
Some of them are NOT pretentious. They ride when they can and don't pretend to be something they are not. They are cool and not a problem, but there are many that take their new hobby and lifestyle over the top. I find them funny and openly laugh at the show they put on in their pirate outfits.
Their bikes are not hard to spot either. Chicken strips are the first clue, followed by spotless "never been wet" motors. Handlebar fringe and tassels ore really cute too. Cup holders are my fav.
I used to hate them for what they did to new bike prices and market, but now I realize, that they are providing people like me with never ending supply of good, clean, low mile used bikes and parts, not to mention brand new wrecked bikes to rebuild and re-sell. Posers are awesome ! and silly and entertaining
Two things:
1)They arent chicken strips, they are "thats where my frame grinds" strips.
2)If I dont have a cup holder, where else am I going to put my beer?

Old 09-12-2012, 01:34 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by MrPappagiorgio
So ultimately the end result is you are upset they look down on you. I can understand that. Now you are doing the same thing. Read your own post sometime. There is an overwhelming arrogance in the way you talk about these people.
I never said I wasn't arrogant. I'm a dick at times.

you are totally judgmental of me when when you acuse me of same

your words, right
"This is great. I work with a guy just like you. Him and his brother are the same way. Go through your whole life focusing all your attention on how cool you are. One time him and is brother tolde and my bos that we should all go for a ride and we could buy lunch. Like they would ride with us if we fed them. All the while having no idea that we have no desire to ride with them. You guys just don't get it. We are the winners in life. We are the boss at work. We don't care to hang around losers in our free time. The croud parted because they didn't want to be around you. They are the majority at the bike night and they are hanging around others like them. You are going places where you don't fit in. Get a clue, to us you are not cool. Having tattoos and shitty bikes don't make you tough. Don't think for a second that they ever want to be anything like you. It's you that cares so much what others think not them."

you don't have a clue of what I do for a living and what I earn ...
you have no idea of properties I own or don't, how many kids I raised or didn't or whether I'm successful or not ...
yet, you think you're "a winner" as if I'm not ???
wieiner is more like it.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Dirknar
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by art0565
How about if we put our ratty *** bikes on a trailer haul them to local bike night before anyone gets there, unload them then wait till everyone leaves put them back on the trailer and we're done, we can get away with out riding at all!
Dude, Genius! I hate riding anyways.. I have to take off my flat bill hat and I cant even sip on my monster energy drink.. LAME...

Old 09-12-2012, 01:51 PM
MrPappagiorgio
Cruiser

At least my opinion of you is based on more then just appearance. You have provided substance that allows me to make a judgement about you. I don't know you, but I do know people that talk about "posers" exactly the same as you. In most cases people that talk like that have nothing more then just there own preconceived about how cool they are. You need something to fulfill yourself because of the lack of success in your life.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:54 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by MrPappagiorgio
At least my opinion of you is based on more then just appearance. You have provided substance that allows me to make a judgement about you. I don't know you, but I do know people that talk about "posers" exactly the same as you. In most cases people that talk like that have nothing more then just there own preconceived about how cool they are. You need something to fulfill yourself because of the lack of success in your life.
alright, your Awesomeness, define success.

btw, whats wrong with judging on appearance? don't you do it looking at women? or men if thats your thing ... not being judgmental ..

Last edited by alkay191; 09-12-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Quick Reply: What is a outlaw style Dyna?