The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley knot

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Weddell hog
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley knot

I woke up today excited as hell. I was supposed to get my new Harley today, I own a 1975 flh stock motorcycle, I also own a 1970 ironhead sportster both Harley titled motorcycles I owned for a long time. I've wanted the new Harley forty eight I have been saving a little money to make sure I got one , so anyway I loaded up my bikes to take to Harley for trade in, I got to the dealership early today went inside and inless than a minute I seen it beautiful blue pearl bike I walked up and leaned down to check her out ,when a man said can I help you I said yes I'm interested in this bike, he said ok so what do you want to do buy it I said yes I have two bikes to trade in he said whatcha got out there I explained what I had ,at that time he informed me that shovel heads could not be traded in on new Harley that they would not take them. I was completely crushed I've always rode harley,s and always taken very good care of mine always used genuine Harley parts for my bikes when Ava,so I was shocked when the man said I couldn't trade my bike in on a new one.THis is not the first time I've had an issue with a situation over my bikes I wanted to get my Harley serviced onece and was told Harley would not service it because it was over 7 years old I've also had trouble getting parts from a genuine dealer, I love Harley's I think there the best but I can't understand making a product that you wont work on sell parts for or allow customers to trade back in on newer models. If it has a Harley title and is primarally hd it should be worked on by Harley techs if it needs a carb you should be able to get it from Harley, and when you want a new one you should be able to trade in your old one. Imagine if Chevy wouldn't let you trade in your old truck on a new one,there's a *** for every seat mines always been Harley and always will but Jesus people relax your standards a little bit and treat bikers like bikers some our rich ,some our poor , and some our working class like me ,I wanted a new Harley today now I'm not so sure,if your not gonna sell parts for it, you won't work on it,and you won't take it in on trade after you have made a killing on it ,then don't sell it because people may wanna update,fix or change the way they ride.

Last edited by Weddell hog; 07-30-2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling
Old 07-30-2012, 09:23 PM
cmancini26
Tourer

I'd go find a new dealer

Old 07-30-2012, 09:25 PM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How ironic. I woke up dreading my day and it turned out to be pretty good.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:03 PM
fordaith
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Heck, I have seen Shovels at my dealer, and they last there all of about the time it takes the motor to cool off. Must not be a market for older bikes there.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:32 PM
rebelpiper
Cruiser

Try Barnetts in tx

Old 07-30-2012, 10:59 PM
BIACKBENZ
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This guy is a stupid a-hole. Go to a different dealer and buy what you want. Go back to the a-hole and look at something then show him your new bike. Did that with a car once. It was fun!

Old 07-30-2012, 11:09 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you talked with someone other than the one idiot. Best of luck to you too bro, a man needs his Harley.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:41 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

chevy wont work on or take a old car in on trade ether, no dealer will. you are a lot better off selling the old bikes first, then buying the bike you want outrite.. there is a real good chance they still wont want anything to do with the new bike you get in 30 years though..

Old 07-31-2012, 12:27 AM
Original Scourge
Cruiser

Somewhere there's a VICTORY dealer who'd love to treat you with the respect you deserve as a customer looking to buy a fine American motorcycle.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:37 AM
hickory67
Account Retired

That's why I don't go to stealerships for much of anything - bikes or cars.

Quick Reply: Harley knot