The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dammit.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 09:45 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,082 Likes on 17,943 Posts

Originally Posted by hdgzr
Thanks guys; it's not the fear of dying or being involved in a wreck...it's the home front thang. The old "guilt trip and messin' with your head" ****...
Take a couple deep breaths , tilt a cold one to the man's memory and family and go on about your business brother . It sucks to see the aftermath like like that , real bitch when you there when it goes down . Doesn't get any easier .

Don't let the doubt or what if worms eat your brain , it's a long road back from that if you make it at all . **** can happen on a bike we all ( well of most of us ) know that getting one the first time .

Old 08-01-2012, 12:14 AM
baldric
Road Warrior
Received 3,114 Likes on 659 Posts

It can happen anywhere unfortunate when it does but... is she willing to sell the car or truck also as there are more fatalities in those than on a bike. Not trying to be devils advocate but my wife who does not ride was the one who told me that and i drive for a living.
If the time comes it comes no matter where. Enjoy the now and enjoy it like its the last. As the saying goes "no one gets out alive"

Last edited by baldric; 08-01-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:22 AM
Bkrazy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand where your head is at. We have lost 1 rider from my Unit and 1 from the BDE in the last month. One of them had 4 kids. Sometimes we need to see the reality in order to make ourselves more aware of our actions. I listen to the lessons learned and try and apply them to myself. In order to apply them, I must continue riding.......

Old 08-01-2012, 03:56 AM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

give yourself the best chance at survival and take as many safety courses as you can. learn how to ride better than anyone you know. take advanced courses, watch videos, practice, practice, practice. ride with friends and learn. did i mention practice? DO NOT OUT RIDE YOUR CAPABILITIES AND LIMITATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! more importantly, know your capabilities and limitations. watch and learn. don't ride in a pack until you are confident. DON'T GET OVER CONFIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

practice.

i think a lot of guys out there are too proud to take a rider course or just think there is nothing you can learn because you have been riding x amount of years. you're wrong. take an advanced rider course and you'll know what the hell i'm talkin about. take the wife and let her watch you do it. she might feel a little better when she see's you ride off into the sun set.

Last edited by jo_mama; 08-01-2012 at 04:02 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:39 AM
Mtorres82
Novice

As a new rider I inform my wife when I leave and get to the place I'm going or if I'm just going for a cruise around i let her know the route I'm taking.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member

I guess it is important to stay aware. Never like to hear news of a bikers death.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:19 PM
TheRooster
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to be cold. . .

Yup, it happens. If your wife if going to throw you on a guilt trip about doing something you love, I'd personally kick her to the curb and say "see ya".

Everybody gotta die some time, Red. I'd rather do it on two wheels enjoying myself than in bed asleep all safe and sound.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

I feel for the Dude!!!

However, you can die walking your doggie.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:17 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,678 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Originally Posted by hdgzr
Thanks guys; it's not the fear of dying or being involved in a wreck...it's the home front thang. The old "guilt trip and messin' with your head" ****...
You might wanna imply that messin' with your head might be more dangerous than a bike...

Old 08-08-2012, 11:50 PM
Original Scourge
Cruiser

Don't smoke, don't drink, eat right, exercise, drive a Volvo, live in Mayberry, die anyway. Spend your life living for yourself or spend it making others happy. Your choice, but you're not gonna get a "do-over".

Quick Reply: Dammit.....