The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats with all the MC talk?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 11:47 PM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think people watch too much TV

Old 05-22-2012, 11:58 PM
09FLHT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gazzalodi
I guess he doesn't know that HDF is a MC. Prospect teach him a lesson. Then get me a beer.
That was good.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:10 PM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Ok, try this, I'm 64, an old balding fat guy, I ride my 3 week old WG to the HA chapter house here in Mpls, walk up to the door and ask...what's goin' on dudes??

1. I get a ride in a ambulance
2. I get laughed at and kicked off the porch
3. They invite me in and tell me all their secrets
4. They beat me until I tell them who put me up to this.
5. They send me to the liquor store, then kick me off the porch

Pick one...fat chance on number 3 though.

Here I can read what others post while I drink my own beer, and if one figures that at least half of what's posted probaly isn't true, and a quarter is a maybe and what is left might have a bit of truth in it, I can learn about things I have a passing interest in.

With out taking that ride down to the emergency room...

Do we have a tounge in cheek icon btw...?

Al

Old 05-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by AllenW
Ok, try this, I'm 64, an old balding fat guy, I ride my 3 week old WG to the HA chapter house here in Mpls, walk up to the door and ask...what's goin' on dudes??

1. I get a ride in a ambulance
2. I get laughed at and kicked off the porch
3. They invite me in and tell me all their secrets
4. They beat me until I tell them who put me up to this.
5. They send me to the liquor store, then kick me off the porch

Pick one...fat chance on number 3 though.

Here I can read what others post while I drink my own beer, and if one figures that at least half of what's posted probaly isn't true, and a quarter is a maybe and what is left might have a bit of truth in it, I can learn about things I have a passing interest in.

With out taking that ride down to the emergency room...

Do we have a tounge in cheek icon btw...?

Al
Wow you really are brain washed by TV and the media. More then likely you would be asked what your business was and then asked to leave nicely the first time. Any other request to leave may not be so pleasant.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:56 PM
"Redwood"
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most clubs i know have an open house that you can go hang out and meet these guys to see what there about/like, so the walking up to there door unexpected yes probably not a good idea. Guess i see why theres so much MC talk, allot of ill informed "RIDERS" out there.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:01 PM
jwhardin
Road Master

Originally Posted by "Redwood"
If people want to know what clubs are about, why don't they go hang around with one? Why ask silly questions and get answers from people that don't really know unless they are in one. Isn't that the purpose off being a hang around is to see what its about and if your interested?
hanging around a m/c is too scary for most and it's more fun to ask stupid questions on the internet.

giving stupid answers is kinda fun too!

Old 05-23-2012, 04:04 PM
PoPo75
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by "Redwood"
If people want to know what clubs are about, why don't they go hang around with one? Why ask silly questions and get answers from people that don't really know unless they are in one. Isn't that the purpose off being a hang around is to see what its about and if your interested?
I'm not trying to be an a$$ but if you don't like the questions don't answer them. Or read them. Some people may not know about MC's or don't have much exposure to them. That being said:

Old 05-23-2012, 04:11 PM
vaham
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by XKnight
Some folks are intrigued by MCs and some have just watched too much TV lately. This is a Harley forum so it shouldn't be too surprising that there are a lot of MC related questions and answers being provided. As to the credibility of the answers, it's like anything else on the internet.

NOW you tell me, I just ruined three pair of scissors and a hedge trimmer, making assless fringe chaps out of a pair of skin-tight leather pants !!! Even ruined a good pair of deerskins making fingerless gloves.....

You mean we don't have to wear a pirate uniform ?

Old 05-23-2012, 04:27 PM
"Redwood"
Advanced

Im not trying to rag on anyone. Ive grown up in this lifestyle and didn't know that it wasn't common knowledge to most people. Sorry to anyone that has taken offense to my questions and or replies. Maybe they should make an MC sticky so that people with questions can put them in one spot. Just an idea.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:38 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vaham
NOW you tell me, I just ruined three pair of scissors and a hedge trimmer, making assless fringe chaps out of a pair of skin-tight leather pants !!! Even ruined a good pair of deerskins making fingerless gloves.....

You mean we don't have to wear a pirate uniform ?
Pirate uniform is definitely optional, but if you look anything like this then it's much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Whats with all the MC talk?