The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANOTHER MC question

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 09:30 PM
springer3
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they sound pretty good but i like the one by Paul Daley!!! It sounds kicka$$.. How many mile do can you ride there or what im asking is how many miles of roads?

Old 05-18-2012, 09:41 PM
springer3
Tourer

Im 2 gens out of Ireland and 3 gens out of Scotland...My moms side is Irish and dads side Scottish!!

Old 05-19-2012, 04:46 AM
Manninagh
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by springer3
How many mile do can you ride there or what im asking is how many miles of roads?
The island's only 27 miles by 15, and 97 miles if you ride round the edge. The TT course is 37 miles. So it takes some effort to get any miles in! Only way to do distance is to take the boat and ride in UK or Europe - any excuse to take the bike when we go accross gets taken.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:55 PM
springer3
Tourer

I bet! Now i know where i can buy a bike with low miles..lol
I guess it could take a long time to even break in a motor there...
How long is riding season? Im in Texas so we can ride year around with the right clothes..
We maybe get one small snow fall a year couple of days of ice but in spring we have one bad storm after another come threw hell high winds heavy rain and then the heat is on!!! Any way go riding to you!!

Old 05-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Saddle Tramp
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be my pleasure Springer3

Old 05-20-2012, 08:13 AM
Manninagh
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Springer, we ride year round, but less in the winter - we rarely get snow, but rain & high wind together will see me think twice about the bike! No such thing as bad weather, just unsuitable clothing some would say, but riding's supposed to be fun...

I have friends in Houston, family in Dallas, so I know Texas fairly well - hoping to get to Dallas for the OU-Texas game in October. Been a Sooner fan for 35 years, so we don't talk about the Longhorn relatives...

Last edited by Manninagh; 05-20-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Saddle Tramp
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Springer

Im 2 gens out of Ireland and 3 gens out of Scotland

Am i missing something here or is it just way over my head as i know im just a dumb *** Harley owner, and you thoughti was gonna say biker LOL. But what the heck does 2 gen or 3 gen means, is that some kind of measurement like miles or something , or is that refurring to you being 2 gernerations out Ireland. I would say im sorry for the dumb as question but im not, thats how i find alot of the useless information that i know, and i dont know much, Thanks

Old 05-21-2012, 01:10 PM
italian biker
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
I really don't give a rats *** what you ride or what you wear, as long as you're someone I can respect.
Start acting like an a$$hole and all bets are off.

Just to give ya an example, most riders I look up to are Beemer riders that rack up 50K a year and don't wear any brand name t-shirts or some of my racing budies that don't even ride on the street, but wear out a set of tires every race weekend.
As a beemer rider myself, I wish I had the time to put 50K a year on a bike. I've never put 50K a year on bike and truck combined.
Some on here know me, and I've never owned an HD. I'm not afraid to admit that before I ever owned a road bike, that I wanted one, and it had alot to do with mystique of HD and the bikers. Not many will admit that is the reason they buy them, but there are a huge amount of people who do, quite possibly a majority of HD buyers are this way. Then I realized it didn't matter what name was on the tank as long as I liked it and it suited my needs. Right now, it's a BMW, 10 years from now, it might be an HD, or Honda, or Ducati, etc..... Each mfg has built great machines, and have also built junk.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:07 PM
springer3
Tourer

Yes im 2gernerations out of the Ireland and 3 gernerations out of Scotland sorry guess i should have spelled it out but im lazy.. Nope not a biker thing just relating to him as the place he lives has been a Scott Irish place it seems.The only way i know is what ive read about..

Manninagh OU fan that means i cant talk to you anymore!!LOL
My team here is Texas A&M anyways some we can still talk..
Both of my degrees are from OK. When i was in school there they alway gave me a rash of **** from being from TX. It a good fun thing between us OKies and Texacans its all good..

Old 05-22-2012, 02:18 PM
jwhardin
Road Master

Originally Posted by alkay191
Why the *** do people want to play bad *** biker soon as they get a harley?
They aren't badasses, they are dumbasses.

And as a dumbass, they can't tell the difference.

Quick Reply: ANOTHER MC question