The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Cop ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 12:31 PM
JohnFlorida
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mal74
There's some of us that still like doing the job the right way. I'm a Peace Officer, not a Law Enforcement Officer. Sadly, there's few of the former and more of the latter:

I do not like the term ‘Law Enforcement Officer.’ Why?

A Law Enforcement Officer stops you for a headlight being out on your car. He finds no other violation and writes you a ticket for the headlight being out!!
A PEACE OFFICER stops you for a headlight being out on your car. He finds no other violation, tells you to get it repaired, and sends you on your way with no ticket being written.

Don’t call me a LEO, I’m a PEACE OFFICER!

We could use more peace officers. Thanks for not letting a bit of authority go to your head.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:23 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,867 Likes on 1,019 Posts

I hate to say it but I have not had a back experience with a cop as an adult. I did get my *** kicked once by a cop when I was 15 in my small middle Georgia town. He kept asking me how old I was on the way to the police station. I could grow a full beard at 15 and did during the summer. I kept telling him he kept saying naw boy you are lying to me

he pulls over yanks me out of the car and starts thumping on me. I think when I started sobbing like a lost lost 3rd grader he finally realized I was either a big ***** adult or a young kid.

After that incident the police have been rather good to me. I wonder if he told all the other cops to leave me alone, that I was his bitch

Old 05-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Grumps
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In MD we give a repair order to MD tagged vehicles. No fine, no fees. It mandates that the problem be fixed in 10 days, that the fix is inspected ( most can be done free by any MD police agency, some have to go to an inspection station and tint violations can only be done by State Police ) and that the state be notified by returning the bottom of the 3 copies the motorist receives. They have 30 days to do that. Failure to comply gets your tags suspended. It's all on the owner of the vehicle to take care of. If you are driving someone elses car and they dont comply, its on them not you.
Out of state vehicles could be ticketed as the repair orders can't be issued to them. Most guys I work with do warnings with out of state vehicles. Only time I've seen a MD tagged vehicle get a repair order and a ticket was for the drivers **** poor attitude or for displaying blue lights front or rear.