The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather pants or chaps?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 09:13 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,996 Likes on 17,903 Posts

Originally Posted by Nirvana
Let me get this straight. You put on chaps, mount your scoot and are cruising down the road. BUT, you think of the Village People and that completely ruins the riding experience and you have to take them off. I don't get it.

Boy the standards for getting a Man Card sure have dropped haven't they ?

Old 04-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zeus33
So, personally I'm one of those guys that says (to himself) chaps are gay when I sees dudes strutin around the bar like they're all of that, showing off their chaps and vest with all the cool patches.

I just don't get it. sorry.

I agree.

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker

Actually it's a new breed of rider that worry about the fashion statement or which gear is right thing you NEVER heard this **** 25 yrs ago .
You never heard it 25 yrs ago cause it was cool back then haha Times they are a changin'

You USED to see alot of different things in the past - bell bottoms, moustaches, (no offence to the current 'moustache guys") tight jeans, white pants, paisley vests, turtle necks, head bands etc...

Times change and so does "fashion" If its gear you are wanting for riding - no problem -- there are other options that dont look as lame, "gay", ugly lol whatever you want to call it - leather is a bad look (nothing to do with "gay" just bad overall - pretty simple.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:53 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,119 Likes on 2,801 Posts

Who gives a **** if a guy thinks you look gay. Dressing for the approval of other guys IS gay.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:12 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

this thread is brought to you by:

Old 04-13-2012, 12:12 PM
DTDK
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only joke i have ever heard about my chaps, one of my old buddies used to give me hell saying they were bull ridin chaps as they were so thick, heavy and brown instead of black. never heard a village people joke. But then again most of the places i go, people are smart enough not to make dumb@ss comments.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:35 PM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
chaps. you're stuck with pants when you have them on.
What? You never rode naked???

Old 04-13-2012, 02:55 PM
brunosrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Midgard
I agree.

You never heard it 25 yrs ago cause it was cool back then haha Times they are a changin'

You USED to see alot of different things in the past - bell bottoms, moustaches, (no offence to the current 'moustache guys") tight jeans, white pants, paisley vests, turtle necks, head bands etc...

Times change and so does "fashion" If its gear you are wanting for riding - no problem -- there are other options that dont look as lame, "gay", ugly lol whatever you want to call it - leather is a bad look (nothing to do with "gay" just bad overall - pretty simple.

But then there is tradition. Traditional stuff is things we did long before all you young-uns got here. I say, f*ck what the current status qou is. Some folks just need to learn a little respect.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:37 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,996 Likes on 17,903 Posts

Originally Posted by Midgard
I agree.

Crock of **** bikes haven't changed , the reasons we ride them hasn't changed the only thing that has is nancy boys riding them worrying about a gay guy checking out their *** .

Old 04-13-2012, 05:14 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Crock of **** bikes haven't changed , the reasons we ride them hasn't changed the only thing that has is nancy boys riding them worrying about a gay guy checking out their *** .

Old 04-14-2012, 08:36 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That's mostly just this forum. One thing I've noticed is that, out in the real world, riding a Harley, I never meet the sissy-boys that post here about being afraid of everything from falling off their bike to wearing the wrong clothes.

Heck, sometimes we ride with a guy up in his 70's who always wears shorts, a t-shirt, deck shoes with no socks anmd a bandana around his neck. Reminds me of Mr. Howell from Gilligan's Island. He's more of a biker than most people that post here and puts on a lot more miles.

Last edited by brenn; 04-14-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Leather pants or chaps?