The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poseurs, Newbies- funniest darn thing- !

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I will take my helmet off as i type this!

Old 04-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The OP was just laughing at the fact that these riders had stickers on their helmets that were anti helmet law stickers BUT at the time they were riding in a state where they could take their helmets off but failed to do so -

kinda funny? Yes ---- But.. like mentioned by a few others maybe they were passing through and just had nowhere to put their helmets.

Not a sticker post, not a helmet law post - just some funny **** the OP saw and shared with us.

Drop it already lol

Old 04-11-2012, 11:39 AM
gotnspikes
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
I hear you. I didn't say that I was right. I thought I made it clear that I was simply speculating. I think you guys are taking my SPECULATION as a statement that I think the government SHOULD tell you to wear a helmet. That is not what I am saying at all. But somehow the whole "I don't need the government should try to protect me from myself" speech is rather narcissistic; that it's all about YOU and THE MAN. Or do you folks think that our government is really that petty?
I know this is a few days past but just wanted to state that it's all good. I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought it was me against the man, I know that people vote in law for the most part. I do think that there are more issues pressing on everyone that aren't right and in my opinion are far more serious against us then whether I wear a helmet or not.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:53 AM
CAJUNMUDDER
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went down in December of last year and i had a helmet on it was a half shell and it was not dot the nose piece of my goggles were pushed into my nose all the way to the bone and i had a piece of gravel in my forehead right above my right eye also 20 stiches inside my mouth on the top front of my head was a large brush burn from the helmet slideing up a little, i have scars on my face that i will live with for the rest of my life but had i not been wearing that little novelty helmet i might not have been here to type this today or if i were im sure i would be just a little uglier than i am now. I think it is a chioce and shouldnt be a law but my choice would still be to have a little something up there

Old 04-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Thor
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Midgard
The OP was just laughing at the fact that these riders had stickers on their helmets that were anti helmet law stickers BUT at the time they were riding in a state where they could take their helmets off but failed to do so -

kinda funny? Yes ---- But.. like mentioned by a few others maybe they were passing through and just had nowhere to put their helmets.

Not a sticker post, not a helmet law post - just some funny **** the OP saw and shared with us.

Drop it already lol
Some people can't...They see the words "helmet", "poser", or "loud pipes" and they drag out the soap box....

to wit:
Originally Posted by CAJUNMUDDER
I went down in December of last year and i had a helmet on it was a half shell and it was not dot the nose piece of my goggles were pushed into my nose all the way to the bone and i had a piece of gravel in my forehead right above my right eye also 20 stiches inside my mouth on the top front of my head was a large brush burn from the helmet slideing up a little, i have scars on my face that i will live with for the rest of my life but had i not been wearing that little novelty helmet i might not have been here to type this today or if i were im sure i would be just a little uglier than i am now. I think it is a chioce and shouldnt be a law but my choice would still be to have a little something up there

Old 04-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Holy $hit, MKGuitar! 8 pages of replies and there's maybe a handful that actually understood your observation. Man, you even explained it to them and they STILL didn't get it.
What a world.....