The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poseurs, Newbies- funniest darn thing- !

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 12:17 AM
JRP267
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Frostbite
Feds told the states to pass seatbelt laws or lose highway funds. Our seatbelt law up here is passive, they can't stop you for seatbelts but can ticket you if stopped for other moving offense.

For you guys in helmet states - does passing a law to make you buy a helmet any different than passing a law to make you buy health insurance? Just saying.

I really like that logic.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:44 AM
tambob10
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know damn well that I shouldn't jump in here (especially since I don't have a helmet choice) but.....I agree 100%, it should be your choice to wear a helmet.
It should also be the Insurance companies decision whether or not to insure you.
It should also be the Hospital's choice where to put you on their triage priority.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:07 AM
Thor
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Soooooo, after 20 years, and 200,000+ miles, And my one helmet accumulating two decades worth of random crap on there (pa used to be a helmet state, as is Md and NJ)...because there is probably still a "I'm wearing this against my choice" on there somewhere in all the layers means I'm a noob and/or poser? Interesting.

Last edited by Thor; 03-28-2012 at 03:09 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:16 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,525 Likes on 6,272 Posts

Originally Posted by tambob10

I know damn well that I shouldn't jump in here (especially since I don't have a helmet choice) but.....I agree 100%, it should be your choice to wear a helmet.
It should also be the Insurance companies decision whether or not to insure you.
It should also be the Hospital's choice where to put you on their triage priority.
Everyone likes their rights. Responsibility not so much.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:23 AM
katobird
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
Arizona Bike Week is on now- welcome to our great weather, scenery and helmet choice.

I saw a BUNCH of out of State riders wearing helmets plastered with anti-helmet law stickers.

I got no beef or interest in someone choosing to wear a helmet, but the "I'm not wearing this helmet by choice" sticker makes me laugh--- 'cause they don't have to wear one while they are here.

I wonder where they parked the trailer

mike
Whats Next? you gonna tell us all why you didn't like the color of their bike?

Old 03-28-2012, 05:50 AM
tcarille
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Wear one,don't wear one,who the heck cares.I do think it should be a personal choice.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:59 AM
bogieb
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If I go anywhere but my state or Maine, I gotta wear a helmet. I may not have room to put it somewhere other than my head. I also wear it if it's raining or cold (30's). If I had a trailer, I could stash my helmet in the vehicle used to pull the trailer.

So, since they were wearing the helmets, and you did'nt mention cold or rain, I would assume they have no truck/trailer to leave their helmets in.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:17 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,435 Likes on 4,752 Posts

Havent worn a lid in ages...I hate it. Just recently have I had a change of mind due to the few reasons listed below:

1)I developed beaucoup baby skin cancers all over me noggin and had to have it burnt off, still comes back with too much sun.
2)blows my damn hair into wild man sydrom and knots up.
3)Had a sherriff tell me over a beer that every cop knows that if you're lidless good chance you've been drinking...thats some serious info right there!

Old 03-28-2012, 06:19 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wardenbf
I agree that it's not the government's job to protect citizens from themselves. I don't understand how every state can have a seatbelt law, but not a helmet law. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a helmet law in every state but how can states justify not having a helmet law but having a seatbelt law?
They can't - there should be neither.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:49 AM
Stash905
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have no problem riding with that sticker in a non-helmet state. I will always wear a helmet but it should be by my choice not the law.

Quick Reply: Poseurs, Newbies- funniest darn thing- !