The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Melted pants at the Ballet

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 03:39 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile Melted pants at the Ballet

Originally Posted by dizzy1450
I feel like my dress slacks would melt if I get stuck in traffic.
This was a quote that was quoted in another thread, but rather than hijacking that one I thought I would tell my story in another post.

Funny you should mention melting pants. My photography company has had a contract with the Phoenix school of Ballet to take pics of kids and family's with the ballerinas at the annual 'Nutcracker' performance at Symphony Hall downtown. Well a few years ago, who did they tap to help do this? So I went (kicking and screaming) My gf at the time found me a pair of dress pants that I had not worn for eons that kinda still fit so I put on the first non-jeans pair of pants I had worn for years and headed off to the ballet on my bike. After being there for awhile my partner asked whats wrong with your pants? I assumed he was referring to the way my gut was hanging over the waistband, but no, it was the big melted spot on the right leg where the pipes had melted the polyester pants leg. Who knew people actually wore plastic pants?! I ended up getting a pair of black denim jeans from WalMart that looked just fine and had a MUCH higher meting point. I ended up being there every night for about a week straight and actually had a great time. Anyway, here is a pic of me taken there with a cheap cell phone with a $3,000 Canon right next to it!!

Attached Thumbnails Melted pants at the Ballet-ballet.jpg  
Old 03-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,473 Likes on 4,373 Posts

Plastic (poly, etc.) pants suck. They stick to my parts! There's a lot of places that black jeans fit right in anymore. One annual dance here has a code of jeans, boots and tux jacket. Pretty nice!

Say... in your thumbnail pic?... in ballet First Position you need to have pointed your toes a bit more outward, shoulders back, your noble chin high & stuck out more, weight forward at the middle.... stuff like that and they'll have you in the cast!!

Old 03-27-2012, 03:54 PM
JohnFlorida
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You look good in pink. Somehow I pictured you differently

Old 03-28-2012, 02:04 AM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the ballerinas put on my leather jacket and sunglasses for some shots, and gave them to the girls. I heard the Ballet school faculty actually got a kick out of seeing them.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:21 AM
JohnFlorida
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may be a bit off topic but its a funny story. Back in the late 70's I did bodyguard work for a lawyer in NY named armand riccio. At one time he was the best high dollar criminal defense lawyer in the state but started taking drugs and ended up being a degenerate who could only get prostitutes and drug dealers for clients. The guy was still pretty well off since he had made great money and hadnt yet burned thru it. He was super paranoid from the drugs and felt he needed a bodygaurd. I saw him fall asleep in the middle of trial one time all the while his client is freakin out trying to wake him. Another time I saw him fake a heart attack when his case was going bad. Guy was a real nut case. Anyways along with the drug use came some pretty bizarre sexual behavior , he would pay guys to bang his wife while he watched and weird **** like that.He would also pay girls to do live sex shows at his house. One day he calls me over to his house to pick him up and hes got 2 girls dressed as ballerinas going down on each other. All the while armand is snortin coke half out of his mind. Last time I seen him it was winter and he had lost everything. He was living in his office with no heat. Like I said a bit off topic but cant hear the word ballerina without thinking about it.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:18 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TXSwede
This was a quote that was quoted in another thread, but rather than hijacking that one I thought I would tell my story in another post.

Funny you should mention melting pants. My photography company has had a contract with the Phoenix school of Ballet to take pics of kids and family's with the ballerinas at the annual 'Nutcracker' performance at Symphony Hall downtown. Well a few years ago, who did they tap to help do this? So I went (kicking and screaming) My gf at the time found me a pair of dress pants that I had not worn for eons that kinda still fit so I put on the first non-jeans pair of pants I had worn for years and headed off to the ballet on my bike. After being there for awhile my partner asked whats wrong with your pants? I assumed he was referring to the way my gut was hanging over the waistband, but no, it was the big melted spot on the right leg where the pipes had melted the polyester pants leg. Who knew people actually wore plastic pants?! I ended up getting a pair of black denim jeans from WalMart that looked just fine and had a MUCH higher meting point. I ended up being there every night for about a week straight and actually had a great time. Anyway, here is a pic of me taken there with a cheap cell phone with a $3,000 Canon right next to it!!
THAT, is a great photo.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:23 PM
bentryder
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,465 Likes on 2,211 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Sled

Say... in your thumbnail pic?... in ballet First Position you need to have pointed your toes a bit more outward, shoulders back, your noble chin high & stuck out more, weight forward at the middle.... stuff like that and they'll have you in the cast!!

pssssst.....Sled......ya posted inna wrong forum....this is the HARLEY forums...

Old 03-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,473 Likes on 4,373 Posts

Originally Posted by bentryder
pssssst.....Sled......ya posted inna wrong forum....this is the HARLEY forums...
Oh Crap! you're right! I'm busted!!

Old 03-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 350 Likes on 162 Posts

Dickies Black cotton twill work pants work great when you have to dress up and ride the scoot. You can find them at Walmart.
I rock them with a bowling shirt and the wife is happy.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:52 PM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i don't go anywhere i can't wear jeans and a t shirt.

Quick Reply: Melted pants at the Ballet