The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions needed about Biker Bar Protest

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 10:52 PM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

same **** different day

Old 03-21-2012, 11:11 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 479 Posts

Nearly 40 members and associates of the Bandido Outlaw Motorcycle Gang (BOMG)

<snip>

BOMG is a self styled “outlaw” motorcycle organization comprised of more than 2,000 members and associates
there ya go , just a few individual criminals . and it's "self styled" outlaw organization , they aren't real outlaws

Old 03-22-2012, 06:28 AM
avetter11
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

HellsBells, I'm a leftover flower child from the 60's woman with long hair riding a Harley with loud pipes. What does that make me?
Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
Kinda hot.
Yeah, so long as ya shave yer pits...

Old 03-22-2012, 07:43 AM
Post12RoadCapn'
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mistylou
I held a beer permit at one time here in Texas. I had the TABC bring me their rule book to have for reference. One of the commissioners asked later what I thought of it. I told him that to me there were a lot of contradiction in there and I could break one of their 'rules' just by unlocking the door. He just grinned and said "That's because if we want you shut down, we can shut you down." So in other words, they can do as they damn please.

This club has been around here for several years and I've never heard of any "hell raisin' agoing on" about them. Most of the comments from the locals have been on the order of "long-haired- motorcycle-trash-riding them loud-piped- Harely-Hogs".

HellsBells, I'm a leftover flower child from the 60's woman with long hair riding a Harley with loud pipes. What does that make me?

I've been a bar owner in Texas also. My main business has always been vending so I deal with alot of bars. When you apply for a liquor license or a beer&wine permit in texas you post two different bonds and go through a background check.(If your OL or anyone in your house has a felony record it can keep you from getting the permit) Also you have to post a sign on the building that says you have an application with the TABC. You also have to post in the newspaper for all to see(even on renewals) The sign is there so any Ahole can call and protest if they please. Once you get one in Texas just let the fun begin ! Hell I had a customer get a one week shutdown over a bartender selling her panties to an undercover TABC agent. I personally had 2 employees arrested for selling 2 minutes after hours. I've also been threatened by the Chief of Police that he would protest my renewal (which required me to hire an lawyer). I'm glad I'm out of the business now. My experience in dealing with my customers is it's better make a bar Biker Friendly instead of labeling it a Biker Bar.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:44 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

why is it every time the hells angels, bandidos, mongols, and other 1% clubs get involved in something...you guys are so quick to come to their defense? they are not your brothers or your friends--is it just because they ride a motorcycle? your civil lilberties are not being trampled on. the state will accept your application for a liquor license, do the required checks, and listen to public opinion. your application is then either approved or turned down...end of story. that is how the citizens want it.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:52 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member

This is not a new process or anything that hasn't happened before. The people in power in San Angelo did what they think they were elected or hired to do. Change them if you can but this duck is dead as it stands. I am surprised that this is a surprise to the OP or the person that applied for the liquor license. There were ways around this issue and anyone in the know would have seen the problems before this became public. Now it is going to be more difficult to get that license. There are other possible issues going on also in San Angelo that could have made the process more difficult. Bureaucracy at work.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:13 AM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
why is it every time the hells angels, bandidos, mongols, and other 1% clubs get involved in something...you guys are so quick to come to their defense? they are not your brothers or your friends--is it just because they ride a motorcycle? your civil lilberties are not being trampled on. the state will accept your application for a liquor license, do the required checks, and listen to public opinion. your application is then either approved or turned down...end of story. that is how the citizens want it.
1%ers ARE our friends and fellow motorcycle riders. The non-riding public hates bikes and those who ride. Any strike against the riding culture is a strike against all who ride, outlaw or not. This may not be a fine example of riding rights, but the man is always going to find a way to supress the free.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:19 AM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

"Nearly 40 members and associates of the Bandido Outlaw Motorcycle Gang (BOMG) "

Hey mr law enforcement, the LEGAL name of this organization is Bandidos Motorcycle Club......... Calling it a gang to scare civilians and get Federal money is such bullshit...

Old 03-22-2012, 10:24 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jakenok
1%ers ARE our friends and fellow motorcycle riders. The non-riding public hates bikes and those who ride. Any strike against the riding culture is a strike against all who ride, outlaw or not. This may not be a fine example of riding rights, but the man is always going to find a way to supress the free.
You ARE wrong. Speak for yourself, not for "us". I'll pick my own friends thank you.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:37 AM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jakenok
"Nearly 40 members and associates of the Bandido Outlaw Motorcycle Gang (BOMG) "

Hey mr law enforcement, the LEGAL name of this organization is Bandidos Motorcycle Club......... Calling it a gang to scare civilians and get Federal money is such bullshit...
I don't care what you call it. If they stopped running illegal drugs and guns they wouldn't get arrested. The Club brings it on itself, simple as that.

Quick Reply: Opinions needed about Biker Bar Protest