The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions needed about Biker Bar Protest

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 03:20 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,340 Likes on 8,407 Posts

Originally Posted by RoaringRigid
I bartended my way through college which is why I am pretty stupid still. Anyhow, if I recall correctly yanking a booze permit is actually extremely easy.

I think if we start yanking business opportunities from people solely based on what we think might happen, we are going to be in big trouble.

If they apply for it properly, come up with the surety bond, the capital, agree to the strenuous back-grounding etc involved in a liquor permit and they pass I think they should get the permit.

You are correct no one has a right to open a bar but at the same time who has the right to deny a business based on what they think might happen?
You sound pretty smart to me!! Can I get you on retainer???

Old 03-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

delete

Last edited by Mi3ninos; 03-22-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:37 PM
mistylou
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I held a beer permit at one time here in Texas. I had the TABC bring me their rule book to have for reference. One of the commissioners asked later what I thought of it. I told him that to me there were a lot of contradiction in there and I could break one of their 'rules' just by unlocking the door. He just grinned and said "That's because if we want you shut down, we can shut you down." So in other words, they can do as they damn please.

This club has been around here for several years and I've never heard of any "hell raisin' agoing on" about them. Most of the comments from the locals have been on the order of "long-haired- motorcycle-trash-riding them loud-piped- Harely-Hogs".

HellsBells, I'm a leftover flower child from the 60's woman with long hair riding a Harley with loud pipes. What does that make me?

Old 03-21-2012, 04:38 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,098 Likes on 2,792 Posts

Originally Posted by mistylou
I'm a leftover flower child from the 60's woman with long hair riding a Harley with loud pipes. What does that make me?
Kinda hot.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:04 PM
95fxdl
Advanced

How long in Texas mistylou?

Old 03-21-2012, 05:22 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They were denied a "Permit", not a "right", that's why you apply for it and it's at the descretion of the powers that be to either give or deny you of it. Some States (I don't know if TX is one of them), will deny you a liquor permit if you've got any criminal history at all, so if they'll deny someone for that, it's no surprise that they'd deny one to a bar that will be a hangout for an admitted 1% organization, which by it's own admission is a club/gang that lives outside the laws that the rest of us non-1%'ers do.

I'm so tired of members of a 1% club who made a conscious decision to join one of these clubs knowing full-well how society looks at/acts towards you, act like they're victims. If you don't want to be sterotyped or have people to have biases against you, don't join a club which brags about living outside the limits of the law. Granted, this guy who wanted the bar/clubhouse hasn't commented, so he's not crying about it, but a lot of people here are crying "for him".

Old 03-21-2012, 06:11 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Not much of the story there. I wouldn't think that anyone would put on the application that the business was going to be a MC clubhouse.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:25 PM
AOAVMC Slinky
Intermediate

I don't know about in TX but in Oklahoma there is a COC that is just begging for cases like this. It sounds like to me that the permit was denied on the fact that he a part of a MC. That would be the same as denying someone a permit because they belonged to the NRA and told them they would be having meetings there. And Before the comments about they are a "outlaw" club is thrown back, until it is proved that shouldn't of evan been at the hearing.

This kind of stuff should be put down quick by the legal process that follows. I bet when they get a permit and are open for business that there won't be news coverage on that though. Because that's when the *** that denied the permit is proved wrong.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:05 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mistylou
This club has been around here for several years and I've never heard of any "hell raisin' agoing on" about them. Most of the comments from the locals have been on the order of "long-haired- motorcycle-trash-riding them loud-piped- Harely-Hogs".
Here's a little more public information for you.

Department of Justice Office of Public Affairs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Nearly 40 Members and Associates of Bandido Outlaw Motorcycle Gang Charged in Three Districts for Alleged Drug and Firearm Offenses

Nearly 40 members and associates of the Bandido Outlaw Motorcycle Gang (BOMG) were arrested yesterday and today on various firearms and drug-related charges in three judicial districts as part of a coordinated law enforcement effort, announced the Department of Justice and the FBI.

Twenty-eight individuals were charged in the Northern District of Texas in six complaints unsealed today in Dallas with conspiracy to possess and to distribute heroin, methamphetamine and cocaine. One of the defendants was charged with possession of a machine gun. All of the defendants were arrested around the Dallas area, except for one individual, who was arrested in San Francisco today. The defendants will make initial appearances tomorrow in U.S. federal court.

In addition, eight individuals who are members or associates of the BOMG were charged in the District of Colorado with conspiracy, and knowingly possessing with intent to distribute 50 grams or more of methamphetamine and five kilograms or more of cocaine. Six of the individuals were arrested today in the Denver-area, while one defendant was already in state custody and one is at large. According to court documents filed in U.S. District Court in Denver, the BOMG is a self styled “outlaw” motorcycle organization comprised of more than 2,000 members and associates with more than 90 chapters in the United States, Canada, Europe and elsewhere.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:28 PM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

Too bad it didn't open. Sounds like my kind of place.

Quick Reply: Opinions needed about Biker Bar Protest