The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions needed about Biker Bar Protest

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

Odd. Very odd. Very misleading.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:10 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,098 Likes on 2,792 Posts

Originally Posted by Mi3ninos
Odd. Very odd. Very misleading.
News stories stopped being about the news a long time ago. Can you shed any light on the matter without crossing the line?

Old 03-21-2012, 01:46 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Blocking a liquor permit for a bar to be used by a 1% club with notorious criminal history? Uh, I don't know about you but I would demand the same from my Police dept. Once you give them a license it is a real PITA to get it back.

A liquor permit is just that....a permit. Not a constitutional right.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:31 PM
jwhardin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
The cop was commenting about what Saurez said during testimony. The cop didn't say anything in the quote.
sorry. I take back the "smart cop" piece.

Should have known better.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Skid Lid
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lets see an organization with criminal ties, and a cash enterprize like a bar to filter money through a "legitimate" business. I wonder why they wouldn't want this to go ahead? Common, I work in the financial industry and places like this are a hot bed for proceeds of crime to be turned into something else.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:44 PM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Lid
Lets see an organization with criminal ties, and a cash enterprize like a bar to filter money through a "legitimate" business. I wonder why they wouldn't want this to go ahead? Common, I work in the financial industry and places like this are a hot bed for proceeds of crime to be turned into something else.
You mean like Goldman Sachs?

Old 03-21-2012, 02:46 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,867 Likes on 1,019 Posts

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
Sounds like the people of the city really don't want the biker bar there. Maybe they aren't judging the MC as a criminal organization, maybe they just don't want a place for a group of individual criminals (their words supposedly) to hang out together.

I don't think you can go the outlaw route and expect to take the easy road on these types of things. It goes with the territory, IMO. And it just looks stupid to cry foul.

Sounds like there is a process to grant a license to open a bar and they should follow that and not make up a new process because someone they may or may not like is involved.

If they can prove that there is criminal intent behind it or whatever fine but just trying to deny the club a business based on what they think may happen or what they think they are involved in is wrong.

"fair play" capitalism, the granting of a license etc should all be done fairly and above board. If the folks applying for the liquor license have all their ducks in a row and everything financially is squared away then they should get the bar.

No denials based on some arbitrary BS.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:47 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,098 Likes on 2,792 Posts

Originally Posted by bjewell
You mean like Goldman Sachs?
two shay.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:08 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,867 Likes on 1,019 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
Blocking a liquor permit for a bar to be used by a 1% club with notorious criminal history? Uh, I don't know about you but I would demand the same from my Police dept. Once you give them a license it is a real PITA to get it back.

A liquor permit is just that....a permit. Not a constitutional right.

I bartended my way through college which is why I am pretty stupid still. Anyhow, if I recall correctly yanking a booze permit is actually extremely easy.

I think if we start yanking business opportunities from people solely based on what we think might happen, we are going to be in big trouble.

If they apply for it properly, come up with the surety bond, the capital, agree to the strenuous back-grounding etc involved in a liquor permit and they pass I think they should get the permit.

You are correct no one has a right to open a bar but at the same time who has the right to deny a business based on what they think might happen?

Old 03-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

delete

Last edited by Mi3ninos; 03-22-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Opinions needed about Biker Bar Protest