The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding with friends

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012 | 07:41 AM
Turbinesaint
|
Road Master
Default Riding with friends

Just curious as to how many of you ride with who you consider to be your best friends? I currently live a solid 3,000 miles away from all my close friends and family. I used to do everything with my friends back home and feel it would be great to get out with a couple close friends (people that know you as well as family and are always happy to see you). I love to ride solo but was just thinking about it the other day after talking to a buddy I haven't talked to in a while. It would be cool to have 1 or 2 of them around to ride with. I guess I'm just probably a little homesick.

Old 03-15-2012 | 07:52 AM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member

I ride with some of my very best friends.

Old 03-15-2012 | 08:14 AM
hagger
Banned

A couple of my best buds are dead. One from a car accident in Italy & one they found on the side of the hi-way in Utah in his rig, cocaine scattered all over. The rest are here & there . Never see'em. Probably wouldn't recognize'em if I did. Get to ride w/ family some.

Old 03-15-2012 | 09:01 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member

check around at work, church, and civic organizations you belong to...there is someone that rides nearly everywhere. probably going to need to ride with several different guys until you find a couple that ride the same roads and pace that you like. go on some local poker runs or charity outings-give it a chance-you can make some new riding buddies.
and yes, you are probably homesick.

Old 03-15-2012 | 09:31 AM
cmichael
Grand HDF Member

I ride with one of my best friends but his wife doesn't let him out of the house much. It sucks when you go from riding once a week to once every couple of months.

Old 03-15-2012 | 10:23 AM
NativeTexican
Road Captain

I don't really have any friends. I moved from my hometown as soon as I was finished with school.

In the last 16 years since then I have had a few friends but people change and I am kind of a loner.

I never know where I want to go so I like to find my own way to I don't want to let others lead my way.

Old 03-15-2012 | 10:36 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member

I don't ride with friends....
Butt I will ride with my Brothers anytime anywhere....

Old 03-15-2012 | 11:24 AM
BillM
Road Captain

I ride with my best friend (wife) on occasion. Ride with my son-in-law a great deal. Sometimes my daughter gets to go too. I get to ride some with 3 guys at work. All great guys. None I ride with ever want to lead so I always get the job. I tend to take a wrong turn sometimes but we end up on the best roads that way.

I also ride alone a bit. Work and stuff like that. I understand the homesick too. Moved away after school and made it a whole 4 months before coming back.

Old 03-15-2012 | 11:32 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member

I ride with my wife quite a bit. Sometimes friends join us.
I don't rate my friends so no one is my "best" friend.

Old 03-15-2012 | 11:32 AM
hagger
Banned

Yeah I left home before I finished high school. When I came back I was married w/ a kid. The rest of the crew from school did sort of the same thing. Have had friends come & go since. None of'em rode. Actually don't think I would've wanted to ride with any of'em. Oldest Grandson turns 16 this year. Can't wait till he gets a bike.

Quick Reply: Riding with friends