The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding with friends

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012 | 04:51 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member

The wife and I ride alone a lot (2 up) but quite often we get group rides together here in AZ

Back home it is alone or with my brother and another friend

Old 03-24-2012 | 05:18 AM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member

I don't have any friends that ride. Used to, but moved away several years ago. Wife used to ride with me, but no more as she doesn't like the traffic. I really enjoyed it when I rode out to meet my son in Tennessee; hope to again some day.
Pretty much go it alone. Not really a group kind of guy, but would like to be sometimes, ya' know?

Old 03-24-2012 | 05:19 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by XKnight
I have guys from work that I ride with and we are pretty close friends. I don't ride with my best friend anymore because he stole my girlfriend.
You're probably better off without them.

I didn't start riding til I was 48. My friend that got me into riding retired to Florida, and I don't see him that much. We have different riding styles anyway. He likes to ride straight through, and I like to poke around interesting sites.

None of my friends ride. So I usually ride solo. I have thought about looking for new riding friends, but just cause a guy rides doesn't mean I like him, or we can coordinate schedules, so I do nothing.

You guys with riding friends should appreciate it.

Old 03-24-2012 | 08:46 AM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Wifey has some orthop. problems and can't stay in the saddle for long rides. My closest friend, who lived halfway across the country from here, and I both retired in recent times and had great plans to hang together and take long trips all over, starting with the southwest.

He died a terrible cancerous death before we could start that new life. Think it was due to Nam-agent orange. Heading out next month for a very long ride, crisscrossing all the desert states on two-lanes just where ever they happen to go. Solo, but in a way David will be there with me.

Old 03-24-2012 | 08:54 AM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member

i'm a military brat and was in the army 10 years myself. i never grew up with the same crowd so my friends are scattered all over the states.

Old 03-24-2012 | 03:06 PM
Ultra Rider 07
Outstanding HDF Member

I have a couple friends that ride but there wives wont so they don't get much time out. My wife loves to ride with me which works out pretty well. Also joined the local HOG chapter years ago and have met some good people through that, my wife has made friends with some of the other women so it works out pretty good. But just like any other club there are ******** you have to contend with, just dont let them get to you and they make for good entertainment.

Old 03-25-2012 | 09:36 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Riders Club Member

My best friend lives 1300 miles away, so the only time we get to ride is when he comes down to visit, or when I go to NY to visit, since we both own 2 bikes. Only person I ride with in Florida now is the GF, and since she's an ex, I guess I'm ridin' alone. (sounds like a good cowbot song) I actually prefer it that way. The best times I have in Daytona is when I go alone. 2 of my friends lost their bikes to reposession, one's GF doesn't let him out,and one of my best friends here is an over the road trucker, so we hardly ever get to ride.

Old 03-25-2012 | 09:40 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by ultracan
The wife and I ride alone a lot (2 up) but quite often we get group rides together here in AZ

Back home it is alone or with my brother and another friend
Are you guys the Village People?

Old 03-25-2012 | 09:49 AM
firefighter616
Club Member

Originally Posted by Superfly3176
Have no friends with bikes.
Ride by myself
Have no friends

Gets lonely man.
few on the forum, but distance can be a bummer

most are dead or FUBAR
last one is in NYC tied up with his life

don't fit with cliques or the HOG people in this small burg that ride
Don't run with Clubbers cause I'm sober n straight ( well badly bent)

yea gets lonely being independent and non compliant

Old 03-25-2012 | 10:58 AM
desertrideryz
Road Warrior

I ride alone its great. Stop when I want,go when I want. Friend I do ride with is great when I can get him to go. The moons have to be aligned and the weather just right.

Quick Reply: Riding with friends