The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who buys choppers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Jeffs386
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd like to have a chopper...a big ol rear tire American Iron Horse
hell I'd even take one of those obnoxious looking Bourgets

Old 04-11-2012, 07:23 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,015 Likes on 17,913 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffs386
So start hitting swap meets , just haunting ebay and Craig's list , get some old bike mags and do boat load digging the net for education and build one over a few years a bit at a time . You'll never regret it the first time it fires up and you roll out for the world to see .

Old 04-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Crash75
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan on building my own bike in the next few years because, as others have stated here, you have to make it your own. I have seen tons of already built bikes for sale and there are aspects of these bikes that I like but not all of the bike. The only way to get just what you want is to build it yourself for yourself. In addition to the satisfaction of having the bike you want...you can also have the satisfaction of having built the dam thing yourself....You can always buy a bike but you can't buy that!

Old 04-12-2012, 02:15 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,868 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Crash75
I plan on building my own bike in the next few years because, as others have stated here, you have to make it your own. I have seen tons of already built bikes for sale and there are aspects of these bikes that I like but not all of the bike. The only way to get just what you want is to build it yourself for yourself. In addition to the satisfaction of having the bike you want...you can also have the satisfaction of having built the dam thing yourself....You can always buy a bike but you can't buy that!

Man if I had your bike- between riding and sitting in the driveway staring at it I wouldn't have time to build anything, or eat, or drink...

Old 04-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Crash75
Tourer

Originally Posted by RoaringRigid
Man if I had your bike- between riding and sitting in the driveway staring at it I wouldn't have time to build anything, or eat, or drink...
Thanks man, I do appreciate the good words. I tell you what though...your bike is dam bad *** too. Out of all the bikes that I have seen on here in people's sig pics, yours is my favorite. Real old school bobber lookin. I love the old ****. I just got that 30s knucklehead era tank decal tattooed on my arm as part of an antique Harley full sleeve I am in the middle of. When I do build my bike, it will be similar in style to yours. I am, however, real happy with my Springer Classic now that I am done with it.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:17 PM
LBH
Cruiser

I had a chopper once. It was a 69 sportster that was long as hell. Had one of those twisty springer front ends. Had a hard tail frame and was cut and stretched. Thing ran terrible and handled like crap. It definitely drew a crowd though.
I do like long bikes. They just suit me, maybe because I'm 6-3. Some day id love to build one but that takes a lot of time and money which I don't really have

Old 04-15-2012, 07:36 PM
bigmatt1967
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking chopper

I ride and enyoy it all the time , yes it is not a road sofa !!!

Attached Thumbnails who buys choppers?-photo-9-.jpg  
Old 04-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

My skinny *** 68 BSA hardtail was 98" long with a heavy as hell paughco w 21" no brake frt. Didnt know it at the time but looking back it was easily the most "frightening" bike I ever rode.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

Building a cafe racer from a '79 Yam 750-Special with a son. Keep telling him he has about 2 years left on the fad to turn a profit on it. I see cafe's possibly heading the way of the recent bobber outbreak.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:50 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffs386
Used to see Bourget out at the lake all the time rolling in one of his high dollar boats till a few years ago. The colapse in the economy and with it the value of his bikes must have taken a toll on his lifestyle.

Quick Reply: who buys choppers?