The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who buys choppers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 02:46 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,119 Likes on 2,801 Posts

Originally Posted by loafeRebel
I'm in the market for a new bike & flipping through the want ads out there I see all kinds of unfinished "PROJECTS" out there for one reason or an other--must not be so easy, or maybe the reality of the almighty $$$ settles in.
Just the President's and make him throw in the OL.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:24 PM
loafeRebel
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't care all that much about the company but I'd prefer kick a few back thinking about these rather than the US's politics--

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGCGiddW8As

Old 03-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Hustle
4th Gear

I like the chopper look, especially bobbers, but I wouldn't have a bike occ builds, because they cookie cutter them and the price is insane. I think the guys who buy them are into the "look" and the "popularity" of the brand of occ, but once they ride them and see how they handle they quickly grow tired of them. whatever floats your boat I guess.

I don't have the skills to make one from scratch, but I would like some day to get a big dog kit to put together and then customize my way...

Old 03-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by bjewell
Choppers will never be "over," just the goofy looking ones with the fat-*** tires and unridable positions...
True dat. I'm completely in love with mine...And she cost a hell of a lot less than some OCC piece of crap...Plus, she's rideable.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:35 AM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I want one as a sunny day toy when I have a bit more time and a bit more money.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:27 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

I think they're kinda cool --- like the Big Dogs with the long rake --- stuff like that. I was thinkin' about gettin' one, but I'd keep the Ultra for those 300 miles days!

Old 03-29-2012, 08:55 AM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Big Dog went belly up here in Wichititi. Factory built choppers aren't that popular, it would seem. I didn't care to much for them, too stretched out for my tastes. There's a guy I rode with a couple of times that had a Deuce but now has a BD chopper he bought used. I want to chop my Deuce a bit, (something like Harley Charley has done), but money don't grow on the trees in my yard.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:11 AM
trip59
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I see it kinda like toast... you don't buy toast, you buy bread and make your own damn toast. I might buy a 'chopper' but I guarantee it won't stay like what it is, well, I have a tendency to not keep anything like what it is when I buy it.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:10 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,661 Likes on 2,538 Posts

The same people who now are buying those horrible ugly custom Big Wheel baggers just 'cause they're "trendy".

Dickey says "**** on trendy"! Function has gotta come before form, or it's just a useless pile of expensive parts. 5 figures for a bike I better be able to ride it from Miami to Anchorage comfortably & reliably or it ain't worth doodly.

Oh yea; I'm gettin' real sick of flat black bobbers,too! Lotta biker lemmings out there.

Last edited by dickey; 04-05-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:15 AM
medina charlie
Cruiser

I ride a chopper and like it. What other people like I really don't care. I see a lot of bikes on this forum that are not for me but I can tell the owner is proud of it. That's the point.

Quick Reply: who buys choppers?