The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hells Angels / Hells Angel

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just picked up Out Bad and The Aging Rebel by Donald Charles Davis.
I have his web site bookmarked and saw he authored these books also.

Forgot to link to his site,
http://www.agingrebel.com/

Last edited by Kowan; 02-19-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:06 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnFlorida
For someone who wants nothing to do with 1%ers you post on every thread about them and even reference them on others. Why so much fear and paranoia? Typical cop attitude of fearing everything you cant control.
No fear or paranoia on my part. You're right that I don't want anything to do with them on a personal level, but since I'm sworn to uphold the law and the 1% choose to break those same laws it follows that unfortunately I have no choice but to deal with them from time to time.

If this forum had a bunch of folks standing up for and defending the mafia or terrorists I would do exactly the same thing and make my opinion known and make sure both sides of the argument are covered. It keeps things balanced.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:26 PM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

If police spent 1% the effort policing their own as they did chasing down the villians from the 80s there wouldn't be any controversy.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:54 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

I've seen Sonny Barger interviewed twice now. Both times he seemed self absorbed, rambled and had a hard time collecting his thoughts and expressing himself. IDK, maybe he's had some mental deterioration from years of hard drinking, drugs, hits to the head, etc.. He might be smart for a Hells Angle but that is not saying much. For a tough guy who is not exactly the most intelligent guy in the room and who spent a significant portion of his adult life behind bars for doing bad stuff, he sure does seem to get a lot of respect from some of you guys. Funny how a lot of people were followers/supporters of Charles Manson too.

Last edited by fat_tony; 02-19-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So far what I've read in Out Bad, it's an eye opener for how the media and law enforcement work hand in hand.
Just don't ask the hard questions, and you'll keep your job.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:41 PM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you lived then and there you would understand
sonny ws like that

Old 02-19-2012, 10:49 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,016 Likes on 17,913 Posts

Originally Posted by fat_tony
I've seen Sonny Barger interviewed twice now. Both times he seemed self absorbed, rambled and had a hard time collecting his thoughts and expressing himself. IDK, maybe he's had some mental deterioration from years of hard drinking, drugs, hits to the head, etc.. He might be smart for a Hells Angle but that is not saying much. For a tough guy who is not exactly the most intelligent guy in the room and who spent a significant portion of his adult life behind bars for doing bad stuff, he sure does seem to get a lot of respect from some of you guys. Funny how a lot of people were followers/supporters of Charles Manson too.
Age & health got the man not the party , he's been clean longer than most in here and if drinking & drugs is all it took it would a salad bar in this place with all the vegetables .

Old 02-19-2012, 11:11 PM
el_diablo
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What was the point of this thread again? If you don't like the way someone's living and it doesn't affect you, leave em alone. I've gone all over the place on my lonesome and never been bothered and it ain't about paying some dude's club respect. it's about respecting eachother cause we're all a bunch of sick bastards to be hanging out in the wind on two wheels anyway. If you don't understand that, sell the bike and get back in the car.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:20 PM
arcticharleyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by magna
If the op into HA books try this,there's some real scarey guys in it.

http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Death-I.../dp/0786717440
I just finished that book a few weeks ago. All I can say is WOW!!!
I also read another book, and I can't remember the name of it as I read it years ago. I actually knew a Prospect, Tim Something-or-other, who then went on to be the Major Domo, then turned Informant. Never knew him as a bad guy at University, but never really had a lot to do with him either. Had a few drinks once in a while when friends and I ran into him at the strip-club. On the surface he seemed like not a bad guy, but as I say, I never got to know him well. I have been invited a couple times to join the table for drinks with full patched 81's and they were just 'regular guys' out to have a good time, like many of us do.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:28 PM
glock221
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kowan
Under and Alone by William Queen is well worth reading if you haven't already.
Hell of a bokk Kowan, I read that.