The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many people wear support gear?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 06:18 PM
donttreadonme
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Texasbrons
Sounds like they were late. I don't need that kind of backup. Don't give $.02 about most mc. I have checked into a couple of the ones for veteran's but haven't done anything yet. Fact of the matter is I ride for me, not to be a badass or part of a group of people who feel like their badasses.
being in a MC isnt about being "badass" its about being around people who will be there for you. do you need to be in an MC to achieve that? no, but we all walk our own path.

anyone doing something to be "badass" is dealt with promptly, those attitudes never fly for very long. ive seen people get smacked around for acting like a *****. trust me, if you get your brothers in a jam and its over something dumb, they will back you in public, once you get behind closed doors, you will be explaining why you felt it was needed to have them drop what they were doing.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:29 PM
donttreadonme
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mi3ninos
Guess I dont get this "mandatory functions seem to cut into riding time." Don't the functions themselves involve riding time?
not all the time, ive spend entire days at functions with out even touching a bike. this includes bike runs.

it depends what you are there for, if you're just a friend of a club then ride up, have a good time, show respect and you will get it. if you're intentions have been to join the club, then show up and be ready to work.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Tripp_HPjunkie
Road Master

Originally Posted by donttreadonme
being in a MC isnt about being "badass" its about being around people who will be there for you. do you need to be in an MC to achieve that? no, but we all walk our own path.

anyone doing something to be "badass" is dealt with promptly, those attitudes never fly for very long. ive seen people get smacked around for acting like a *****. trust me, if you get your brothers in a jam and its over something dumb, they will back you in public, once you get behind closed doors, you will be explaining why you felt it was needed to have them drop what they were doing.
Well said

Old 03-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ryderbiker
I have some 81 support gear that the San Jose chapter sent me while I was deployed..
That's cool, local connection I assume. Thanks for your service too.