The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many people wear support gear?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Bigfoot1
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wear this.

Attached Thumbnails How many people wear support gear?-i-support-single-moms.jpg  
Old 02-23-2012, 04:10 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by paulpa
I was wondering how many people that are not in motorcycle clubs wear support gear or have support stickers on their bike, showing there support for a motorcycle club?
You mean like support hose/compression stockings?

Old 02-23-2012, 05:58 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nothing wrong with HD stuff. Just not my style. Neither is big ol wolf heads or flames or stuff like that. I love my Harley. I love my 73 Bronco too but I dont walk around with Bronco or Ford shirts. To each thier own. I mostly wear vintage Ts or funny ones I pick up her and there and hoodies and thermals when its cold.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:38 PM
glock221
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 02-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Texasbrons
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to hijack this thread just a little. I doubt the OP meant wearing HD clothes, but support gear for MCs. My response is to those that feel there is a problem with wearing HD clothes. I have a few sweatshirts, polo shirts, and tee shirts from various HD dealerships around the country. I get to travel for a few days about twice a year and when I go to these various cities, I'll swing by a local dealership, I'll grab a shirt. I'm starting to get enough shirts I'm thinking of changing strategies, and getting pins. The point is, that these shirts are oftentimes conversation starters. If you see me wearing a shirt, you can safely assume that I ride a Harley, even if you don't, as a fellow bike rider, it may start a conversation in that capacity. 2, you may have lived in, know someone who has lived in, be related to someone who lives in, or may be familiar with the town shown on the shirt. Another potential common thread to base a conversation on. I dont' give to rips about the "status" of having a Harley. And if you look around, people all around you are wearing "support" gear for something they enjoy in their lives. I never played for the Chiefs or the Cowboys, but I have jerseys and shirts for both teams. I see people wearing camoflage all the time and they aren't actively engaged in hunting at the time, but I can assume that they enjoy hunting in some sort of capacity. (Unless it's some skirt fashion statement). Look at all the people wearing FOX gear, many of whom have never ridden off road equipment, but they think it looks cool. If I see you, I'll probably assume that you ride off road and will start talking to you about it. Several posts have referred to shirts with off color comments on them. That says something about you too, but while you have a problem wearing a HD shirt, you have no problem wearing a shirt that to many says, Hey look at me, I have no social skill and am a jackass to many people. I will probably find your shirt amusing though LOL. IF there's something you love and you want to share your interest through your wardrobe sport it baby!!

Old 02-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I totally agree. Nothing wrong with HD gear, great conversation starter. And I never thought the OP meant HD until some brought it up, lol.

I have some gear I'll wear. Weekends, gym, and almost always on a fundraiser run. Around here, it's a non issue, at least with me and others I know. Some have vests too, with a knife in the left breast pocket slot.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:11 AM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

The only thing I'll wear in support is a Philadelphia sports team or something Pink Floyd.

I have a DSotM Pink Floyd T-Shirt that always gets comments.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:56 AM
rfharleyrider
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by a10182
you think if you were a support 81 and people want to start **** with you because of it, would HA actually show up to support you? I wouldnt bet on it
I can't speak for the club you mention or for any other clubs, but I am a club member who knows we do support our supporters as well. We have held fundraisers for them or their family members who may be ill or went to their defence when they have been bullied by other clubs or non club members. All I can say Is, before you buy or accept any support gear from a member, make sure you know what those men stand for. Then you can wear it proudly. It doesn't mean you are a wanna be. Alot of times our supporters are the first to speak up when someone is talking crap because he thinks he knows about clubs because he watched "gangland" or "sons of anarchy" what a joke. Good for us to watch as comedies.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:39 AM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't put stickers or decals on my bike.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:41 AM
bp_shooter123
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most patches remind me of them station wagons in the early 60's that had bumper stickers of every State park or amusement park on them. I remember folks saying the stickers were the only thing holding them together.

Quick Reply: How many people wear support gear?