The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many people wear support gear?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 02:05 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,867 Likes on 1,019 Posts

I don't and the guys I work with provide all the brotherhood I need, so I like to just ride my bike mind my own business.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:01 AM
solow
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was always under the impression- Don't wear/display it unless you are willing to back it up.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:53 PM
norton
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatscott
I would feel like a wannabe wearing any support gear. Hell, I feel kinda funny even wearing an HD t-shirt. Whats the point? But I'm just a regular joe who likes to ride a motorcycle when I can. If I was actually in a club or had some personal affiliation with one then I might wear it once in a while.

I know a few guys who make it their mission in life to make sure everyone knows they ride a Harley.

They are compensating for something if you ask me. The funny thing is that in their mind everyone thinks they are totally awesome. Most people can smell a poser from a mile away.
Amen Brother.

I'm sure it's an age related thing as when I was younger, at LOT younger, I wore HD shirts all the time but now I wouldn't wear one if you gave it to me.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:54 PM
JHL-ShinySideUp
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I met a guy who wants to sell me his Softail at a local indy shop. He shows up wearing a vest with support patch ... but the club members hanging out at the shop didn't know him, or know is bike.

I would have felt like a loser, not a poser, wearing a support patch and not providing support.

He also had a patch about Jesus, and a "100% Bad *** Mo#$% Fu@#$@r" patch under it.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:00 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by norton
I'm sure it's an age related thing as when I was younger, at LOT younger, I wore HD shirts all the time but now I wouldn't wear one if you gave it to me.
It's funny you say this. I actually own a big pile of Harley shirts. I have not bought one probably in 20 years, but I still have a pile of them that keeps getting bigger and bigger. For whatever reason, every relative I have seems to think the perfect birthday or Christmas present for me is a Harley shirt. I never ask for them, but I get them.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Sprtstr1200
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amen Brother.

I don't understand this mentality. You'll ride the bike, probably specifically because it's a Harley, but Lord forbid you be caught dead wearing one of their shirts someone gave you. I'm sorry, but to me that line of thinking just doesn't make any sense.

I personally don't buy their shirts but that's because of the cost of them. However, if someone gives me a shirt and I like the way it looks, I'll wear it.

At least I know the person that bought it for me thought enough about me to know what kind of mc I ride and spent some money to get me a shirt that is usually pretty good quality and last a long time.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:25 PM
glock221
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So all you guys who don't wear Harley shirts, what do you wear?

Old 02-23-2012, 03:35 PM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by glock221
I'll occasionally wear a HD shirt, but usually just a plain white or black tee.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Agent777
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wore HD shirts all the time but now I wouldn't wear one if you gave it to me.
Why not?

Old 02-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Agent777
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glock221
I have quite a few Harley Ts. They're all high quality material and don't shrink. Some really nice graphics on the front, don't really care for the dealer name on the back though. A couple long sleeve ones for chilly weather. Some I bought and some gifts. Don't see anything wrong with wearing them.

Quick Reply: How many people wear support gear?