The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many people wear support gear?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 09:27 AM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope, I don't wear support gear....never been much of a cheerleader....but if'n it works for you...go for it.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Texasbrons
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paulpa
I do know of a situation where a guy was killed for wearing a support shirt and the club that he was supporting showed up at his funeral...
Sounds like they were late. I don't need that kind of backup. Don't give $.02 about most mc. I have checked into a couple of the ones for veteran's but haven't done anything yet. Fact of the matter is I ride for me, not to be a badass or part of a group of people who feel like their badasses.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Galdog
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

A couple members I know gave me an OL support shirt and stickers, have worn it at work or around the house and garage, but that's about it.
Young kid at my old job thought he was cool and had a HA support sticker on his hard hat (didn't even own a bike or anything), another guy (member of the black and white) from another department went and made him take it off his hard hat. Kid about crapped his pants.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:50 AM
paulpa
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Texasbrons
Sounds like they were late. I don't need that kind of backup. Don't give $.02 about most mc. I have checked into a couple of the ones for veteran's but haven't done anything yet. Fact of the matter is I ride for me, not to be a badass or part of a group of people who feel like their badasses.
yes it does seem alot of the mandatory functions would limit someones riding time.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:02 AM
kwo51
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

Heavy belt to support holstered gun. Going from thongs to pampers is a bitch.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

I do know of a situation where a guy was killed for wearing a support shirt and the club that he was supporting showed up at his funeral...
yes it does seem alot of the mandatory functions would limit someones riding time.

?how do these two topics relate? Is there a link?

?what is your experience with "mandatory functions" limiting someones riding time?

Old 02-18-2012, 10:32 AM
cmeaney
Road Captain

All I have is my HOG stuff and maybe a tee shirt but I didn't think that was support gear. I like the graffiks.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:38 AM
paulpa
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mi3ninos
?how do these two topics relate? Is there a link?

?what is your experience with "mandatory functions" limiting someones riding time?
the link was answering making a statement to Texasbrons,he said it sounded like they were late and then went on to say he was checking out some clubs,,and i stated yes but the mandatory functions seem to cut into riding time,when you have to be somewhere for a function that is a few miles away and you would rather take the weekend and go for a longer ride somewhere,,

Old 02-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

the link was answering making a statement to Texasbrons,he said it sounded like they were late and then went on to say he was checking out some clubs,,and i stated yes but the mandatory functions seem to cut into riding time,when you have to be somewhere for a function that is a few miles away and you would rather take the weekend and go for a longer ride somewhere,,

Guess I dont get this "mandatory functions seem to cut into riding time." Don't the functions themselves involve riding time?

Old 02-18-2012, 10:52 AM
paulpa
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mi3ninos
Guess I dont get this "mandatory functions seem to cut into riding time." Don't the functions themselves involve riding time?
yes getting to them does and returning from them does,but if you want to keep going your kinda expected to be at the function,like say an anniversery party or a party with other clubs,your kinda expected to hang around at the function

Quick Reply: How many people wear support gear?