The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many people wear support gear?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 01:17 AM
09FLHT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have wanted a Harley since I was in high school. I saw a picture of the Sturgis in a bike rag. Man I wanted that bike. That was in '81 or so. I finally got a harley in Dec.
I refused to be a Harley Davidson tee shirt wearing mother****er. Even though I wanted a Harley I wouldnt wear the shirt till I got the bike. Got my first Harley tee shirt in Dec. also.

I dont belong to a MC club.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:24 AM
cajun555
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I won't spend a dime on something that advertises some one elses product, club, school, or etc. They should give me the patch or t-shirt just so they can get free advertising.

Now that this is said, probally not going to renew my HOG membership this year, does mean I have to rip all my patches off my denim jacket?

Old 02-18-2012, 07:29 AM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by cajun555
does mean I have to rip all my patches off my denim jacket?
yep is does.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Tripp_HPjunkie
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one shirt and two support patchs...........the shirt was delievered too my place of buisness by a member(which I thought was really cool) he stops by from time to time just too shot the **** and show off some of his bikes.......I wear it with pride......really could give a rats a&% what anybody thinks of me and my shirt.....JMO

Old 02-18-2012, 08:04 AM
paulpa
Cruiser

Thank you all for your honest answers,I see alot of younger riders wearing so much support gear that it leads me to believe they don't really understand the statement they are making or the reperucussions it can have...

Old 02-18-2012, 08:25 AM
StreetGlider57
Road Master

I have an ABATE of Wisconsin shirt. Which a bought at an ABATE event. When I bought it the dude selling it thanked me for supporting ABATE. I have not worn it yet though.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:36 AM
a10182
Road Captain

you think if you were a support 81 and people want to start **** with you because of it, would HA actually show up to support you? I wouldnt bet on it

Old 02-18-2012, 08:40 AM
paulpa
Cruiser

Originally Posted by a10182
you think if you were a support 81 and people want to start **** with you because of it, would HA actually show up to support you? I wouldnt bet on it
I do know of a situation where a guy was killed for wearing a support shirt and the club that he was supporting showed up at his funeral...

Old 02-18-2012, 08:55 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

I wear support shirts and have in the past. But ONLY support shirts of the clubs I was either a prospect/probate or member of AT THAT TIME. I do not wear support gear of any club or organization I was not part of. Still, you guys probably don't realize how much money many of the bigger clubs actually make selling support gear. Local Law Enforcement would have you believe all their income is derived from drugs, prostitution and money laundering when in fact, one of the biggest money generators for large clubs (1%er and otherwise) is support gear. They sell on ebay for God's sakes. Just sayin'.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HELLS-ANGELS...andise&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Outlaws-MC-A...main_3&vxp=mtr

and don't forget the really dangerous clubs:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sons-of-Anar...item2ebb84e6f3

Last edited by bikerlaw; 02-18-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:21 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
I wear support shirts and have in the past. But ONLY support shirts of the clubs I was either a prospect/probate or member of AT THAT TIME. I do not wear support gear of any club or organization I was not part of. Still, you guys probably don't realize how much money many of the bigger clubs actually make selling support gear. Local Law Enforcement would have you believe all their income is derived from drugs, prostitution and money laundering when in fact, one of the biggest money generators for large clubs (1%er and otherwise) is support gear. They sell on ebay for God's sakes. Just sayin'.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HELLS-ANGELS...andise&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Outlaws-MC-A...main_3&vxp=mtr

and don't forget the really dangerous clubs:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sons-of-Anar...item2ebb84e6f3

WOW, one used to have to get out on their bike and go on runs to get support gear. Well everybody is entitled to make a buck

Quick Reply: How many people wear support gear?