The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: is it ok to buy cheaper foreign made knock offs of foreign made products?
Yes it's ok to Buy knock off foreign made clothing over genuine foreign made clothing
53.26%
No, it's never ok to buy anything knock off
31.52%
whatever doesn't make me a hipocrite
15.22%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

So a knock off clothing thread got me wondering..........

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 03:23 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
Knock offs are a form of theft. Do not support other people stealing.
I also do not support stealing. However, IMHO.... offshoreing American jobs to the Chinese is also theft of more than just jobs, but our Countries future. This does not seem to bother the MOCO, so I have to assume that people buying these Chinese jackets would not bother the MOCO either.

I just purchased a horsehide vest from HillsideUSA ( http://www.hillsideusa.com/Horsehide...ction_s/22.htm ). Why, because I don't buy Chinese stuff any more. Sure, it was almost a two hundred dollar vest, but it will last the remainder of my lifetime as well as my sons. I was able to custom order it with a Boozefighter green liner and they threw in free extenders. So yeah, I paid a lot, but I got a quality vest that was hand made by Americans in the USA. I have tried on the MOCO vest in their dealers and they are an utter joke compared to this vest. To me that matters. This is the description of the MOCO's best vest:

Designed for those who follow their own path. Lightweight leather for comfort. Snap front and adjustable side lacing. Two hand-warmer pockets with snap closure. One interior horizontal pocket. Embroidered graphic on back waist. No-nonsense styling that's always ready to go.

98103-02VM

MSRP US $145.00 - US $165.00 per size and/or color

Why the hell would I spend 150 bucks for a light weight ANYTHING that comes from China?????

Old 01-29-2012, 12:04 AM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harley-Davidson is controlling the imports of clothings, and claims that is a bad thing, ans is illegal, for "non approved" dealers to sell them. Thereby keeping the pricing up. And some of us do it anyway, to save money.

De Beers is controlling the imports of diamonds, and claims is a bad thing, definitely illegal, to buy and sell conflict diamonds. Thereby keeping the pricing up. Maybe to save some money, let's look for conflict diamonds.

Hmmm, I see the similarity here.....Flame on, my friends