The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wear safety glasses....or else!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 09:34 AM
LucyOnBlack
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unbelievable.. can't believe what you guys pay across the border.

Interesting to see your bike insurance is way less yet human care costs BIG $$

I'm paying $65 Canadian for medical a month biotching cause I don't have a doctor and have to sit for 3 hours min at hospital to get help. My medical covers the visit, I won't complain anymore.

Back on topic, safety glasses for sure. Something you guys brought up a while back in reading, is the "cheap" riding goggles/glasses. Can't believe I was such an idiot all these years with no clue if my lenses were shatter proof.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:36 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff W
$100. for fixing you up, $380 for the uninsured...once Obamacare comes into effect, it will be, $150. to fix you up, and $680 to prop up federal insurance.
Unfortunately it's already a done deal!

Old 12-31-2011, 09:41 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Very Interesting!

Originally Posted by LucyOnBlack
Unbelievable.. can't believe what you guys pay across the border.

Interesting to see your bike insurance is way less yet human care costs BIG $$

I'm paying $65 Canadian for medical a month biotching cause I don't have a doctor and have to sit for 3 hours min at hospital to get help. My medical covers the visit, I won't complain anymore.

Back on topic, safety glasses for sure. Something you guys brought up a while back in reading, is the "cheap" riding goggles/glasses. Can't believe I was such an idiot all these years with no clue if my lenses were shatter proof.
Interesting comment! You might want to add that when urgency is of the utmost a lot of Canadians FLOCK across the border to get IMMEDIATE medical attention, or for that matter when the latest most advanced care is needed the US is still cutting edge! Yeah, we have our problems but socializing medicine isn't one of them! (at least not yet)

Old 12-31-2011, 09:42 AM
rodnock
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff W
$100. for fixing you up, $380 for the uninsured...once Obamacare comes into effect, it will be, $150. to fix you up, and $680 to prop up federal insurance.
It's hard to understand why some people can't keep the political bullsh#t out of the bullsh#t forum.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:56 AM
LucyOnBlack
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
Interesting comment! You might want to add that when urgency is of the utmost a lot of Canadians FLOCK across the border to get IMMEDIATE medical attention, or for that matter when the latest most advanced care is needed the US is still cutting edge! Yeah, we have our problems but socializing medicine isn't one of them! (at least not yet)
ah.. us Canadian's when we git tired of waitin.. we get out the black electrician tape and mud plasters

It is sad the wait as you say here, cancer is the tell all of how many cross the border for help

Old 12-31-2011, 05:06 PM
mtinner
Road Master

I've used strong magnets before to remove magnetic particles from my eyes.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:15 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Think butterfly bandage under 3/4" or your a sissy .

I've gave myself stitches once had the right stuff , gashed my knee while way the hell out in the boonies on a hunting trip . The thing in the movies where they dump whiskey on the wound ? Coyotes couldn't have howled any louder than I did , still have a damn ugly scar too .
Heh...I've stitched up several people & a few dogs over the years.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:06 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I've had the eye doctor use the equivalent of a dentists drill to remove a shaving from my eye (THAT was fun to watch!) I be lookin at some prescription goggles.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:06 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Eye protection for sure. Did the metal in the eye years ago and it wasn't fun. My RX Wileys are a must. Also don't forget a good Welding helmet to protect from burn, Plasma Cutting also.

My OL is in the Vet business and we do carry a suture kit on the bike, along with other medical goodies. If she can sew up a dog, she can sew up a person if the need arises!

Old 01-01-2012, 12:04 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,998 Likes on 17,904 Posts

Originally Posted by Benway
I've had the eye doctor use the equivalent of a dentists drill to remove a shaving from my eye (THAT was fun to watch!) I be lookin at some prescription goggles.
He was grinding down the scar tissue that had formed a slight mound around the the metal splinter and the rust ring to keep you vision clear .

Don't ask how l learned all that .

Quick Reply: Wear safety glasses....or else!