The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real BS

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011 | 11:07 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

He'll hate her for the rest of his life if he gets rid of the bike and quits the club just because it's what *she* wants.

His kids will always love him and vice-versa. He needs to get rid of the bitch or she'll pull even more **** on him. It's a shame there's women like her around at all and guys fall for them.

Marriage is a scam used by the church and the government to hold sway and to a certain extent some control over peoples' lives. I've watched untold numbers of friends and even every member of my close family (brother - thrice married, sister - once divorced and never remarried but with a kid that is nothing but no good to anyone on this planet, even my mom and dad got divorced after 52 years, best friend - thrice married and hating the third one now too because she turning into a walking glob of jello with legs and she *refuses* to get out and even simply walk a little every day, ad nausea).

The OP's right...ultimatums are made only by azzhat jagoffs.

Old 12-10-2011 | 12:07 AM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member

Women come and go. (real) brotherhood is forever. Where your ol lady does nothing but bitchin and whining, brothers will help you out, even if that comes with a price for them. I'd rather have 1 ex-wife then hundreds of ex-brothers.
As a father, he has rights, so he will be able to see his kiddos.

Old 12-10-2011 | 01:09 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by FlyLow
I think he should grow up and leave the boy's club along. Take the responsibility of a family man. There are too many of these failed marrages out there and to many kids growing up with single parents. It if down's t work down the road it want be because he's to stupid to stop hanging around with his buddies and not his family... Grow- up
Originally Posted by SgtSkiddz
I agree with the crowd saying that it's over no matter what he does. She has given an ultimatum. If he gives into it another will follow, then another, and so on, and so on. Until he is a sniveling corpse of the man he used to be. It's a lose/lose situation, he just has to decide which loss would be the easiest to deal with. He'll either lose his wife or his manhood. My opinion is that if he choses her, he will lose both eventually, cause she will end up gone anyway, then he'll have nothing..
One of these is right. I don't know which it is though.

Old 12-10-2011 | 01:23 AM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member

I agree that giving up the sled and the club won't fix problems at home. I think it will just really make matters worse, because if she can "make him" do that then she's going to find out what else she can "make him" do. The problem isn't with the club or the bike, the problem is with the marriage. That's what needs fixed or left.

I got the ultimatum when I was married. Met a chick when I was a Lance Corporal, got married as a Corporal. She wanted me to get out and move back to DC after my first enlistment and didn't like the fact that I wanted to stay in...don't know where she is or what she's doing or who she's with, but I been in 10.5 years now and a Staff Sergeant - couldn't be happier.

Old 12-10-2011 | 01:25 AM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member

Oh yeah, and the kids will be WORSE OFF growing up in a house where love isn't the glue. Having one parent in a house of love is MUCH better than a house of two parents with hate and resentment. I know it's been said before, but I am reiterating because it's so true. I've seen it with my own eyes where the kids grow up not even knowing how to love. So sad that parents put children through that.

Old 12-10-2011 | 02:28 AM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
You are right of coarse but we both know if the guy is asking his close friend for advice how it's gonna play out , we're all been there one side of the that or the other.
True, he did ask his buds advice, and i can appreciate that, i have been in the same boat where my best bro was asking me the same things, should he go or stay, my advice was, you need to figure this out on your own, your a grown man, Eliminate the feelings and do what your BRAIN tells you. chances are pretty damned good he knows what he should do, he just wants someone to tell him so he feels better about it. The kids should be considered, they are in fact going to be a huge part of this since they are the pry bar she will use to get her way, or to pry every stinking dime from his pockets.

My Ex gave me an ultimatum, my first thought was, who the hell she was sleeping with. Notice i said Ex.

Old 12-10-2011 | 07:23 AM
Longhair4life
|
Extreme HDF Member

Thanks for the great insight from many of you. I know there are many people out there in s a similar situation that could use some of the great advice I have read here.

Old 12-10-2011 | 07:30 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by TheBlackPharoah
Appears, this has been building up... Wish I had an answer...
I could never get rid of my sled, and my wife would never ask me to...
Yeah me too Pharaoh...priority is to keep your domain tight or everything else crumbles down around you.....Best wishes and hope you can pull it back from the brink.

Old 12-12-2011 | 03:19 AM
ElectraDave
Road Captain

[quote=frenchman;9128012]Women come and go. (real) brotherhood is forever.

this!

Old 12-12-2011 | 03:56 AM
henrybennett
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Griff08fxdc
Seams like at first, a woman will agree on anything, untill they get you.
And then it starts....They always want you to change and they are never satisfied....
Amen to that!

Quick Reply: Real BS