The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real BS

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011 | 10:15 AM
jafhdo
Cruiser

...or the next time will be:

I don't like it here, let's move ....
I don't like your job, you're not home enough...

There are a 100 ways that they say it but it always comes out the same.

The only question is when will she be leaving. Your bud needs to figure out how to make the split as amicable as possible so he doesn't lose his shirt and visitation/custody of the kids.

Old 12-09-2011 | 11:21 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

He was obviously in the club when they met & his bike was part of his life, so she knew what she was getting into at that point. However, having kids changes everything & I'm sure she expects him to be there more now to help with and be involved in "family business" as a first priority rather than "club business" as his first priority. I guess it depends on what his priorities are...if his kids/family are his first then he should step away from the club. If the club comes first then he should let her go and hope he gets to see his kids on a regular basis after the divorce.
Either way, don't sell his scoot..
He's committed to the club, and to his family both...would be nearly an impossible decision. Either way, he's gonna be forced to give up something he loves which sucks. I feel for him and hope everything works out for the best.

Old 12-09-2011 | 11:21 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member

Seams like at first, a woman will agree on anything, untill they get you.
And then it starts....They always want you to change and they are never satisfied....

Old 12-09-2011 | 11:25 AM
blasphemy
Banned/ toastman returned

let her walk.

pay her what she wants.

try for the best visitation rights he can.

divorces are cheaper paid all up front. make her happy as she walks out the door and life will be easier.

Old 12-09-2011 | 11:26 AM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by Longhair4life
I have a brother that has a huge family problem. His wife basically said he has to get rid of his bike and walk away from the club or she is gone and will take the 2 kids with her. Causing a family break up. He loves his kids so much but the bike and club are a huge part of his Life and has 20yrs in. Been with her for 10. The reason is she feel second to the bike and the club. They can't seem to compromise. What would you all do? Me I don't take ultimatums well.
ok, it's called walking on thin ice. I've been there. I have experience in these matters.

- You summed up her problem in one sentence. They've been together for 10 years, has kids with her. I can tell you with 100% certainty that you cannot sum up the problem in one sentence.

- If he wants to stay with his wife he has to eat humble pie. Make a serious effort to change his ways, give her what she wants, which is most likely emotional support and love.

- His buddies at the club will be there. First he deals with his home life, then they meet a compromise and he can hang with his friends.

- It's all about walking on thin ice.

Old 12-09-2011 | 11:29 AM
FlyLow
Road Master

I think he should grow up and leave the boy's club along. Take the responsibility of a family man. There are too many of these failed marrages out there and to many kids growing up with single parents. It if down's t work down the road it want be because he's to stupid to stop hanging around with his buddies and not his family... Grow- up

Old 12-09-2011 | 11:39 AM
Chunk
Road Warrior

She married him for what he is & what he is to become. He married her for same like reason. When those are no longer compatible...well...
Maybe he can get an honest separation w/ sincere equal custody of the children

Old 12-09-2011 | 11:54 AM
SgtSkiddz
Ultimate HDF Member

I agree with the crowd saying that it's over no matter what he does. She has given an ultimatum. If he gives into it another will follow, then another, and so on, and so on. Until he is a sniveling corpse of the man he used to be. It's a lose/lose situation, he just has to decide which loss would be the easiest to deal with. He'll either lose his wife or his manhood. My opinion is that if he choses her, he will lose both eventually, cause she will end up gone anyway, then he'll have nothing..

Old 12-09-2011 | 12:02 PM
piper59
Elite HDF Member

She wants out & it doesn't matter what he does from here on out.Deal with it the best you can.You'll need those club brothers.

Old 12-09-2011 | 12:41 PM
Longhair4life
|
Extreme HDF Member
Exclamation

Originally Posted by FlyLow
I think he should grow up and leave the boy's club along. Take the responsibility of a family man. There are too many of these failed marrages out there and to many kids growing up with single parents. It if down's t work down the road it want be because he's to stupid to stop hanging around with his buddies and not his family... Grow- up
WTF? "leave the boy's club along" "It if down's t work down the road it want be because he's to stupid "

Your calling him stupid?

Last edited by Longhair4life; 12-09-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Real BS