The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real BS

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011 | 07:19 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member

I would stay out of his business, he has to figure this out himself.

Old 12-08-2011 | 07:22 PM
RDK09
Cruiser

Originally Posted by harleytuner
Isn't this the same situation Jax is in? lol
Kinda, but really reminds me of opie's home situation before his wife was gunned down!!......To the OP, if he wasn't in a club there wouldn't be a problem, just sayin!!

Old 12-08-2011 | 07:49 PM
ElectraDave
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Longhair4life
I have a brother that has a huge family problem. His wife basically said he has to get rid of his bike and walk away from the club or she is gone and will take the 2 kids with her. Causing a family break up. He loves his kids so much but the bike and club are a huge part of his Life and has 20yrs in. Been with her for 10. The reason is she feel second to the bike and the club. They can't seem to compromise. What would you all do? Me I don't take ultimatums well.
i dont take ultimatums at all...he should get rid of her....simple

Old 12-08-2011 | 09:39 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by Longhair4life
I have a brother that has a huge family problem. His wife basically said he has to get rid of his bike and walk away from the club or she is gone and will take the 2 kids with her. Causing a family break up. He loves his kids so much but the bike and club are a huge part of his Life and has 20yrs in. Been with her for 10. The reason is she feel second to the bike and the club. They can't seem to compromise. What would you all do? Me I don't take ultimatums well.
Bad place for him , she's gonna make life miserable for him from here on whether he has the bike or not she's drawn a line she won't back off from . Seen this happen to a few people over the years and it's a no win doesn't matter who does what . He needs to get his head around the fact she's gone just a matter of how much damage she does before she leaves and the bike isn't going make a damn bit of difference . If it wasn't the bike causing problems she would just find or invent something else to run away from .

Old 12-08-2011 | 10:56 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member

1. I'd make damn sure family and club business stayed off the net.

2. Only discuss a Brother's personal life in his presence. Face to face.
No exceptions. I expect the same from him. Period.

Old 12-09-2011 | 08:36 AM
HauerMG
Advanced

I've heard from guys in similar situations, who bend to their wife's will to immediately avoid divorce, only to continue a relationship that is destined to fail regardless. Then 10 years later the guy is left with regret and and anger against himself saying, "I should have just called it quits and did what I wanted to do".

Old 12-09-2011 | 08:54 AM
Longhair4life
|
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Eyespy
I understand it's his club brother, that is plainly apparent from the original post. The question is what would I do in this circumstance. I would stay out of my brother's marital affairs and let them sort this out without my meddling, pressuring, or my individual or club interference.
He came to me for advice. It's a hard choice. My opinion was she knew how he was when she married him. Her expectations changed during their time together. He did not change. I believe it's on her. Just wanted to get everyones opinion on this subject since it seems like it happens more often than not.

Last edited by Longhair4life; 12-09-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-09-2011 | 09:11 AM
Longhair4life
|
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mi3ninos
1. I'd make damn sure family and club business stayed off the net.

2. Only discuss a Brother's personal life in his presence. Face to face.
No exceptions. I expect the same from him. Period.
No names or details were mentioned. Just a general description of what is happening so this can be seen as more of a general question for others who may be in the same situation. Like I said it happens on a regular basis. Some opinions on this matter may help other people.

Old 12-09-2011 | 09:58 AM
Dailydriver06
Tourer

He was in the club when they met...He had a scoot when they met...I assume. If that's the case, Then my guess would be it's not about the club or the bike. Next it will be the Tuesday night poker game or some other man time he enjoys.

Old 12-09-2011 | 10:09 AM
Longhair4life
|
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dailydriver06
He was in the club when they met...He had a scoot when they met...I assume. If that's the case, Then my guess would be it's not about the club or the bike. Next it will be the Tuesday night poker game or some other man time he enjoys.
Good point.

Quick Reply: Real BS