The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why mess with a Florida Motor Cop?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011 | 07:50 PM
golfmajic
|
Road Captain
From: Ottawa, Canada, summer, Daytona Beach Florida, winter
Default Why mess with a Florida Motor Cop?

I just spent day two at the Daytona Beach Police Motor Skills competition and I will say it again, these folks can ride.
It also helps to be young and big to manhandle these bikes around.
I saw lots of bikes dropped, marked up bags, guards and pipes.
I would love to be able to try some of this riding technique on somebody's scooter but not mine.
Watching these police officers ride and looking at there equipment makes me wonder why anyone would mess with these folks.
They all carry Big *** guns, wear body vests, have a taser gun, carry a tactical knife in there boot and have a LeverLoc Baton on the belt. Sounds like a lot of stopping power to me.
In any case one more great day, off to the Cocoa Beach Air show in the morning.

Old 11-04-2011 | 08:04 PM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member

Pretty stupid to mess with any cop. You may get in a couple of good licks before a few more arrive on the scene and you're going to suffer some serious lumps.

Old 11-04-2011 | 10:01 PM
firefighter616
Club Member

can't out run a radio

Old 11-06-2011 | 12:07 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member

The only people that usually mess with cops seem to either be drunk or stupid.

Old 11-06-2011 | 12:23 PM
Da OFG
Novice

All of the above it true...AND...the unfortunate thing is, they know all that and a great number (notice I didn't say all) use that to violate your fundamental constitutional right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. I can't tell you how many times, just since I started riding again a short while ago, that I have been eyeballed by cops as I ride. Now that it's colder I wear my favorite leather jacket...it has a great big Philadelphia Eagles emblem on the back. Wanna know how many time I've been followed, for no reason...my sh*t is straight, the bike is legal, and I'm not speeding... until they realize what it is? I have absolutely no time or respect for that kind of BS. I work hard, I play hard, and I respect others person and property. They have no reason to mean-mug me for how I dress or the mode of transportation I choose to use.

Old 11-07-2011 | 12:46 AM
bikenut1957
Seasoned HDF Member

I respect everybody util they give me a reason not too.

Old 11-07-2011 | 01:13 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Da OFG
All of the above it true...AND...the unfortunate thing is, they know all that and a great number (notice I didn't say all) use that to violate your fundamental constitutional right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. I can't tell you how many times, just since I started riding again a short while ago, that I have been eyeballed by cops as I ride. Now that it's colder I wear my favorite leather jacket...it has a great big Philadelphia Eagles emblem on the back. Wanna know how many time I've been followed, for no reason...my sh*t is straight, the bike is legal, and I'm not speeding... until they realize what it is? I have absolutely no time or respect for that kind of BS. I work hard, I play hard, and I respect others person and property. They have no reason to mean-mug me for how I dress or the mode of transportation I choose to use.

Kind of odd. Most of the cops around here wave at me when we pass each other. Doesn't matter if they're in a car, or on a bike. Maybe they think you're related to Vick.

Old 11-07-2011 | 01:37 PM
Da OFG
Novice

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
...Maybe they think you're related to Vick.
Really? ...You're gonna insult someone you don't know or know anything about in an HD forum?

Old 11-07-2011 | 01:42 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Da OFG
Really? ...You're gonna insult someone you don't know or know anything about in an HD forum?
I am an Eagles fan... Family is from Philly.

They must be shower curtain fans...

Rubber side down!

Old 11-07-2011 | 01:54 PM
Nightstalker88
Tourer

Because you got "eyeballed" you go on a rant about your "rights" and how they violate them? (Not all) how kind of you!

Maybe they like your bike and ride themselves?

My goodness they drove the same direction as you. Were you pulled over after they "mean mugged" you?

Maybe they wanted to profile you in case you "snowball Santa"...

The 10% rule applies to Cops and douche bags...isn't that nice!

Have a nice day.

Quick Reply: Why mess with a Florida Motor Cop?