The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why mess with a Florida Motor Cop?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011 | 04:26 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Cool

Originally Posted by tx-skydiver
This is gettin good. May I sit next to you and share that popcorn?
Absolutely, but it's doubtful we'll be here long. These never go well.

Old 11-08-2011 | 04:31 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

And closely monitored to keep it from going awry.

Old 11-08-2011 | 06:56 PM
Nightstalker88
Tourer

It's done. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Old 11-08-2011 | 07:56 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Da OFG
All of the above it true...AND...the unfortunate thing is, they know all that and a great number (notice I didn't say all) use that to violate your fundamental constitutional right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. I can't tell you how many times, just since I started riding again a short while ago, that I have been eyeballed by cops as I ride. Now that it's colder I wear my favorite leather jacket...it has a great big Philadelphia Eagles emblem on the back. Wanna know how many time I've been followed, for no reason...my sh*t is straight, the bike is legal, and I'm not speeding... until they realize what it is? I have absolutely no time or respect for that kind of BS. I work hard, I play hard, and I respect others person and property. They have no reason to mean-mug me for how I dress or the mode of transportation I choose to use.
You're rights haven't been violated. My guess is that you're either paranoid or the cops just think you look cute.

Old 11-10-2011 | 11:42 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by XKnight
You're rights haven't been violated. My guess is that you're either paranoid or the cops just think you look cute.
Oh boy... i'm still laughing! (_*_)

Old 11-10-2011 | 04:55 PM
mtinner
Road Master

Bikenut, Toastman. How the hell ya guys been? Just driving by and I'll be posting pics soon.

Old 11-10-2011 | 06:51 PM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member

All of the above it true...AND...the unfortunate thing is, they know all that and a great number (notice I didn't say all) use that to violate your fundamental constitutional right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. I can't tell you how many times, just since I started riding again a short while ago, that I have been eyeballed by cops as I ride. Now that it's colder I wear my favorite leather jacket...it has a great big Philadelphia Eagles emblem on the back. Wanna know how many time I've been followed, for no reason...my sh*t is straight, the bike is legal, and I'm not speeding... until they realize what it is? I have absolutely no time or respect for that kind of BS. I work hard, I play hard, and I respect others person and property. They have no reason to mean-mug me for how I dress or the mode of transportation I choose to use.
I'm a Cop and I ride a Harley. I work in a NE GA county that US129 goes through so I see LOTS of HD's coming throught headed to the Dragon.

I LOOK at them, what's wrong with that? Hell, I've stopped and talked to some riders at convenience stores when they're gettin gas.

Hey, here's one for ya. I was driving up the road one day and came up behind two Harleys. I decided to follow them, not because they might do something wrong, but rolled my window down so I could hear the music of the exhaust.

If I was as paranoid as Da Ofg, I'd probably never leave the damn house!

Last edited by Mal74; 11-10-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-10-2011 | 10:53 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Old 11-11-2011 | 12:16 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Could someone steer this thread back to motorcops and our awesomeness please?

Old 11-12-2011 | 01:54 PM
Corsair
Advanced

a great number (notice I didn't say all) use that to violate your fundamental constitutional right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.
OK, lets hear how....

I can't tell you how many times, just since I started riding again a short while ago, that I have been eyeballed by cops as I ride.
OMG, he looked at you

Wanna know how many time I've been followed, for no reason
Sure, tell me please.

...my sh*t is straight, the bike is legal, and I'm not speeding... until they realize what it is?
So when they realize what it is(?) you speed up cause your bike is illegal?

They have no reason to mean-mug me for how I dress or the mode of transportation I choose to use.
Don't tell me he looked at you and didn't smile.

Traffic cop for 20 years. (Not a motor officer sadly) I ride alot, and yes I look at motorcycles when they pass, as most of us do. I am reasonably armed, would not do this work if I couldn't be at least "reasonably" prepared. Cops have to follow somebody when they drive, sometimes its you. I didn't see where you were stopped, harrassed, or anything other than "mean-mugged". If your legal, you should have no fear of cops. Every profession has knotheads.

BUT... I wish I could have been in Daytona to see the competion between the motor officers that this thread was about.....

Quick Reply: Why mess with a Florida Motor Cop?