The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 09:00 AM
472viper
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I quess I'm a wallet rider. 24 degrees, wind gusting 20 to 25 mph and mine's put up for the winter.

But after riding for 45 years I don't have anything left to prove.

I'm gonna drive to the dealer today, free red beer and maybe I'll buy a nice sweater. LOL.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:08 AM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I switch to my chain driven wallet when it gets cold

Old 11-29-2013, 09:11 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,817 Likes on 3,171 Posts

Originally Posted by 472viper
I quess I'm a wallet rider. 24 degrees, wind gusting 20 to 25 mph and mine's put up for the winter.

But after riding for 45 yearsng I don't have anythi left to prove.

I'm gonna drive to the dealer today, free red beer and maybe I'll buy a nice sweater. LOL.
What is this "anything left to prove" **** that keeps recurring in this thread?

Do we have masculinity issues coming to the surface? Feeling a little inadequate or what?

I ride pretty much 12 months out of the year. Lots do and more don't. I need to ride, many don't. We get it already. Nothing left to prove indeed...(or maybe you really do, otherwise you wouldn't keep reminding us that you have nothing left to prove !!!)

Last edited by Stiggy; 11-29-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:24 AM
norton
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Usually, when these kind of threads surface, the ones that ride in the cold act like they are somewhat superior to the ones that don't. If you don't believe me, refer to the original title.

"Wallet" bikers tries to be a put down but in reality it's more of a jealousy thing.

You might call me a "fair weather" rider. If it's below 60 forget it, but rarely is too hot.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:45 AM
472viper
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiggy
What is this "anything left to prove" **** that keeps recurring in this thread?

Do we have masculinity issues coming to the surface? Feeling a little inadequate or what?

I ride pretty much 12 months out of the year. Lots do and more don't. I need to ride, many don't. We get it already. Nothing left to prove indeed...(or maybe you really do, otherwise you wouldn't keep reminding us that you have nothing left to prove !!!)
Means after 40+ years of riding I don't give a crap what anybody thinks of my reason TO ride or my reason NOT to ride, maybe we just don't need to put labels on people, huh ?

What's with...

...passed 100,000 miles on 12/15/11, and 121,916 miles as of 12/15/12.
...if we're having a contest you just lost.

Last edited by 472viper; 11-29-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:58 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 472viper
Means after 40+ years of riding I don't give a crap what anybody thinks of my reason TO ride or my reason NOT to ride, maybe we just don't need to put labels on people, huh ?

What's with......if we're having a contest you just lost.
Your "nothing to prove" was just one of many, so don't feel special.

I'm trying to calm down all the vitiol, not increase it. Like you I don't give a crap, and neither should anyone else IMO, which is the reason I posted it. Or did you miss that?

And 100,000 miles isn't that much on a bike that old, (or is it?) I posted it there so guys could see that they really (sometimes they do,) get that far. No brag, just fact. And having worked in the motorcycle business for half my adult life doesn't really make it a fair comparison with other working stiffs. So cool your jets francis....

( And its 139,000 miles as of last week btw....I didn't know it was a competition.)

Last edited by Stiggy; 11-29-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:17 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Now that its getting cooler and moist all the wallet bikers have put there bikes away and hopped in the suv's. Now all I see are the 5 or 6 regulars on the road. Winters coming!
Let me see if I understand. If you have a wallet with money in it then you can't ride if the weather is colder but if you have little money you can? Who made up that dumb rule? Sounds like a weird kind of prejudice to me.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:38 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
I started riding in 1956 and rode year around. I'm 73 now and have not found any reason to not ride in the winter. It helps keep my skills up for the long tours that I do. Summers are for traveling and winters are for local riding.

I can't understand that at all. I thought we were all bound together as riders and more specifically HD riders. I must be very wrong.
I'm with you. I still ride year round for the same reason I rode year 'round 40 years ago. I ride because I ride, and I get cranky when I don't. It's no different in the winter than it is the spring, summer, or fall. Dress for the conditions, and it's all good.

I don't care one way or another if my neighbor rides or doesn't, nor am I inclined to justify my reasoning for riding, or not riding on any given day. It's about 40 degrees here, and overcast, and definitely a great day for a ride, although the roads will be jammed up with Black Friday shoppers.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:25 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,480 Likes on 761 Posts

One word sums this up for me, "Passion". The more passion I have for riding the more I ride and the more Im willing to ride in crap weather. Its just that simple. Right now in my life, riding is my passion, So I find myself on the Harley in 30 degree weather with nothing to prove, nobody to impress , just having a good ol time.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:41 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by sixguns
One word sums this up for me, "Passion". The more passion I have for riding the more I ride and the more Im willing to ride in crap weather. Its just that simple. Right now in my life, riding is my passion, So I find myself on the Harley in 30 degree weather with nothing to prove, nobody to impress , just having a good ol time.
That's what I'm talkin' about! Thank you sixguns...

Quick Reply: Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!