The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 11:44 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,987 Likes on 17,898 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
Interesting..... I find most people riding into work on cold mornings are people who just bought a bike or they are new to riding. Or, they just can't get over their own egos and think they look extremely badass riding a motorcycle.
Funny how time & grade gives one the outside perspective

Old 11-27-2013, 11:50 PM
tennispro1
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Getting chilly here in Little Rock. Rode home in the dark today in 38 degree weather. Was about that cold this morning, but did not feel as cold. Ride was not too bad except my hands got really cold. Maybe need to wear some glove liners under my gloves. Im going to try to ride as long as road conditions are good. Maybe not ride below 35, but 38 wasnt bad.
Happy Thanksgiving and ride safe!

Old 11-28-2013, 01:37 AM
One Vision
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I always resented this post, my wallet aint fat, but hell if Im gonna ride in the degrees that ruin the experience for me.

Old 11-28-2013, 02:41 AM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,196 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Well I will let you boys ride in this cold weather as much as you want. As much as I would love to go out on a sunny 60* day, it ain't happening for at least another couple of months. I had a total knee replacement done about a month ago and there is no way in hell I can swing that leg over the seat. It would also be doubtful I could hold the bike up with that leg.

What also sucks, is that I haven't even seen my bikes in the past six weeks. But as
Arnold said Ill be back.

Old 11-28-2013, 02:58 AM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting..... I find most people riding into work on cold mornings are people who just bought a bike or they are new to riding. Or, they just can't get over their own egos and think they look extremely badass riding a motorcycle.
well its either the bike at 40+mpg or the truck at 15mpg. then again it never really gets cold on the central coast of cali. or at least not cold enough that an extra layer wont fix.

80 bux to fill my truck every 2 days
15 bux to fill my bike every day.
it adds up quick.

Last edited by slozomby; 11-28-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:44 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,817 Likes on 3,171 Posts

Huh? You assume that riding a bike on a cold morning means that the rider isn't smart enough to dress appropriately?

If you're cold when riding to work on a cold morning, you're apparently too dumb to wear the right gear. Conversely if you're warm when riding in colder temps, then it being a cold morning doesn't really matter anymore does it?

Some of us just need to ride. I think maybe you're just getting soft in your old age and rationalizing why you don't ride as much anymore.

Last edited by Stiggy; 11-28-2013 at 03:47 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:41 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by simpkinst
Well la de da. You are obviously a better biker than us.

I guess that makes me a lowly poser since I don't ride in the snow.

I don't wear all that heated crap on my snowmobile. Why would I on a motorcycle?
The only thing heated is the handlebars for my arthritis. Also,I didn't call you anything: get your heart off your sleeve!

Old 11-28-2013, 09:46 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by slozomby
well its either the bike at 40+mpg or the truck at 15mpg. then again it never really gets cold on the central coast of cali. or at least not cold enough that an extra layer wont fix.

80 bux to fill my truck every 2 days
15 bux to fill my bike every day.
it adds up quick.
Come over the hill in the middle of winter. LOL.

I kid. Suprises me that more dont ride in the winter. No ice on the road and hasnt rained in forever.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:56 AM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

Buddy of mine lives about 20 miles past you up the hill in Grizzly Flats and rides his Honda at 6:00 AM everyday to Rancho Cordova in the winter (unless it's raining hard or snowing). Been riding all his life and is anything but a badass. He's just too cheap to pay for the gas to use the car for the 100 mile round trip.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:05 AM
fatboy slim
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
When it starts raining or it drops below 30deg it gets real lonely around here. Kinda nice!
Absolutely.

Quick Reply: Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!