The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,113 Likes on 3,655 Posts

This summer i have ridden the least amount since i bought my bike...lot of stuff came up but now that it's cooling off i will ride more.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:23 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

It just means that I now have even fewer people to NOT wave to.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:27 AM
M4arc
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robertj74
Best time of the year to ride!
I agree! I don't care what anyone else does or doesn't do, who's riding and who isn't this is the best time of year to be out. Cool temps, crisp air and the leaves changing make for perfect riding!

Old 10-07-2011, 06:32 AM
mavrickFLHR
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

number of bikes on the road goes way down here as well.. if it's.. in the 70's and sunny.. there are 5 or 6 and sometimes 7 bikes in the MC parking at work.. yesterday morning it was 42 when I left home.. there was one other bike in the lot besides mine.. oh well I guess

mavrick

Old 10-07-2011, 06:51 AM
nightroddersp
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Turbinesaint
I think by riding into work I've made some coworkers think twice about packing up for the season just yet. I used to play all day in the frozen mountains when I lived in the Sierra's, so now that I'm stuck in PA, I'll ride until the salt starts flying then I'll probably (reluctantly) put it up. If you know how to layer, it's not bad at all.
so do you go to scooter's in the winter with chains on your tires...lol

Last edited by nightroddersp; 10-07-2011 at 07:19 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

24 F on my hours ride in to work this morning. Felt invigorating! Have to watch those icy metal bridges now though....

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
It's really tapered off in the mornings here. Used to see 4 or 5 bikes on the road on the way to work. Now seeing maybe 2. When the temps are in the 40's, I'm usually the only one out there, until it warms up later in the day.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:38 AM
TRMRC
Cruiser

36F on my way in this AM - Gotta love New England , supposed to get up in the 80s over the weekend.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:59 AM
nopetrol
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wallet?

And I thought I stopped riding to work because the deer are on the move. I'm man enough to admit if I hit a deer at speed...it's gonna hurt. And I live in a very rural area, if I were to hit a deer & was out ... it could be until the next morning before anyone knew it.

I have been riding during the day. It's been my excuse on why I haven't been packing(we're moving soon). "Hon, I'm not going to have to many more ride-able days, so I'm using what I get." Her response? "I know, babe. Go ride."

Last edited by nopetrol; 10-07-2011 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Spill Chek
Old 10-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I couldn't care less what anyone else is doing. I ride til the snow flies. 3 digit therapy is cheaper than a shrink and far more fun. I aunt judging the fair weather riders,just the opposite. If you only like to ride when it's nice out then by all means wait for a nice day. I love to ride. It's all I think about. I find excuses to get out on my bike. Ride safe for the ones still riding. Those who aren't see ya next year

Old 10-07-2011, 08:12 AM
M4arc
Tourer

Originally Posted by Shredding rubber
I couldn't care less what anyone else is doing. I ride til the snow flies. 3 digit therapy is cheaper than a shrink and far more fun. I aunt judging the fair weather riders,just the opposite. If you only like to ride when it's nice out then by all means wait for a nice day. I love to ride. It's all I think about. I find excuses to get out on my bike. Ride safe for the ones still riding. Those who aren't see ya next year
Has it snowed in Saskatoon yet? I know hockey season is in full swing!

I couldn't care less what others are doing either and I don't understand why so many care.

Quick Reply: Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!