The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 07:17 AM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I picked my bike up Saturday it was a very warm 38 degrees. I brought it up the inner state. 70 mph I had to stop half way through my 50+ mile ride because my fingers were frozen and stiff. This was with two pairs of gloves on. My feet were also cold but I could have cured that had I worn wool socks.

Getting heated gloves for Christmas definitely.

Old 11-27-2013, 07:49 AM
supercrewser
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get my bike out once in awhile when its cold but for the most part I like it when its warm out, I figure if I got to plug my gloves and my coat in to stay warm I can find other stuff to do.How much fun can it be to ride all bundled up, I assume you all have snowmobiles too. So I guess this make me a wallet fisherman and boater too as well. maybe I could invent the heated fishing pole and get rich and live somewhere thats warm enough not to get my candy *** cold.Enjoy the cold fellas!!

Old 11-27-2013, 09:18 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I draw the line when it's below freezing. There's always some ice spots here and there in the dark AM hours of my commute and homey don't play that. Not on two wheels. I also like it to be 50+ on the ride home or it's just no fun. Maybe when I get the street glide, haha.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:30 AM
Roni
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 805 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by goo
I eat nails and **** tacks. but I don't ride much below 50 degrees
Maybe if you had a better diet, you might be able to better weather the cold.

BTW, don't those tacks wreak havoc on your hemorrhoids?

Old 11-27-2013, 12:01 PM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I have a car I enjoy riding as much as the bike so when it hits 50's around here I am all about the car. Plus I am a Shorts and T shirt sans helmet rider, most of the year, I hate taking 10 minutes to pull. snap, zipper,tie, buckle and wear all this crap I cannot move in for a commute, Then I have to worry about ***** to put all the crap on the other end.

Like I am going to do all that to pick up some bread and milk a few mils away or for or a 7 mile commute .

The enjoyment of riding is being in the OPEN AIR. not bundled up like the Michelin Man

Thankfully I don't have to worry about the weather getting too cold here to ride year round.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:23 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TenMidgets
I have a car I enjoy riding as much as the bike so when it hits 50's around here I am all about the car. Plus I am a Shorts and T shirt sans helmet rider, most of the year, I hate taking 10 minutes to pull. snap, zipper,tie, buckle and wear all this crap I cannot move in for a commute, Then I have to worry about ***** to put all the crap on the other end.

Like I am going to do all that to pick up some bread and milk a few mils away or for or a 7 mile commute .

The enjoyment of riding is being in the OPEN AIR. not bundled up like the Michelin Man

Thankfully I don't have to worry about the weather getting too cold here to ride year round.
Crash bar chaps
Heated grips
First Gear thermal suit
Hotfingers gloves
Bedroom to riding; 5 minutes.
Funny how those of us who ride year' round become objects of derision from those who won't. WE are the ones still riding!

Old 11-27-2013, 07:47 PM
charlieapes
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride all year because i love riding and i would rather ride locally then jump in the car as long as it is dry.

Old 11-27-2013, 07:58 PM
simpkinst
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
Crash bar chaps
Heated grips
First Gear thermal suit
Hotfingers gloves
Bedroom to riding; 5 minutes.
Funny how those of us who ride year' round become objects of derision from those who won't. WE are the ones still riding!
Well la de da. You are obviously a better biker than us.

I guess that makes me a lowly poser since I don't ride in the snow.

I don't wear all that heated crap on my snowmobile. Why would I on a motorcycle?

Old 11-27-2013, 10:49 PM
elec2glide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I'm a Wuss/Poser too cause I don't like to ride to work in the cold & dark and then home in the cold & dark dodging dumbazzes, It's depressing enough just being winter time. Now Saturdays that's doable if you got some rays in your face. We are doing a wuss/poser ride Sat.
it's supposed to be 50 Deg.

Last edited by elec2glide; 11-27-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:39 PM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,922 Likes on 3,290 Posts

Interesting..... I find most people riding into work on cold mornings are people who just bought a bike or they are new to riding. Or, they just can't get over their own egos and think they look extremely badass riding a motorcycle.

Quick Reply: Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!