The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Personally, as an empty wallet biker, I fall into the 'love to ride' category, so I'm year round every time I don't need the truck.
That said, I have handlebar heaters, a First Gear Thermal Suit for temps below 32, and heat-reflective mittens for the same, and an army neck gaiter that pulls over the ears and face...oh, and crashbar chaps.
Without these things, I'd be limited to about 40 degrees, but not when I was younger.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:09 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
Personally, as an empty wallet biker, I fall into the 'love to ride' category, so I'm year round every time I don't need the truck.
That said, I have handlebar heaters, a First Gear Thermal Suit for temps below 32, and heat-reflective mittens for the same, and an army neck gaiter that pulls over the ears and face...oh, and crashbar chaps.
Without these things, I'd be limited to about 40 degrees, but not when I was younger.
Gotta love heated gear. Makes me an empty wallet biker too...

Old 03-24-2013, 05:22 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

It's official. The 2013 riding season has started.... well for me anyway. I rode the bike over the last bit of ice in the alley to get to the street. It was a bit on the chilly side today, -4 C, (25f). But wtf, it's riding. Next week is supposed to warm up. hopefully by next weekend the rest of the snow and ice will be gone.

So I didn't go far today, just an hour or so. But was a great feeling to get back on two wheels.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:32 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Well all the Wing's have been out lately and a few brave HD's. Wallet bikers proly still polishin their rides. Cant blame them. Its only been in the mid 60's.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:13 PM
backplay
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by supercrewser
This has to be the most asinine thread ever, I guess Im a wallet fisherman and boater too. Some people just dont enjoy the same thing when you have to bundle up. No need to call people out or classify them as some sort of sub species.Do what you like and like what you do and who cares what everyone else is doing. Happy Day everyone!!
Man... I could not agree more, right on. I notice a number of guys on here who claim to ride year round are also in warm weather states.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:15 PM
3408pete
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

15 inches of white gold on the ground here----------had it out when the 80 degree day was here the first of last week.Dont even know when I will get the drift from in front of the shed moved now

Old 03-24-2013, 06:18 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by zeus33
It's official. The 2013 riding season has started.... well for me anyway. I rode the bike over the last bit of ice in the alley to get to the street. It was a bit on the chilly side today, -4 C, (25f). But wtf, it's riding. Next week is supposed to warm up. hopefully by next weekend the rest of the snow and ice will be gone.

So I didn't go far today, just an hour or so. But was a great feeling to get back on two wheels.
You couldn't pay me to ride when its 25 degrees out.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:24 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by supercrewser
This has to be the most asinine thread ever, I guess Im a wallet fisherman and boater too. Some people just dont enjoy the same thing when you have to bundle up. No need to call people out or classify them as some sort of sub species.Do what you like and like what you do and who cares what everyone else is doing. Happy Day everyone!!
I'm not a wallet fisherman, but I did have a Pocket Fisherman once. Tv sucks tonight, like most nights so I found this thread. You have to have a sense of humor. Come on folks, the first of April is a week away. Winter is almost gone.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:08 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by backplay
Man... I could not agree more, right on. I notice a number of guys on here who claim to ride year round are also in warm weather states.
So...is your 20 degrees colder than OUR 20 degrees?

Old 03-25-2013, 07:41 AM
wiktor
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you guys have alot of crap on the road like salt and grit? I don't mind the cold as much as all the garbage that is spread on the roads around here.

Quick Reply: Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!