The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Bout sums it up. I sure did catch hell the first few pages. Fun thread though. No hate on credit card bikers though. They are good for the used bike market. Wouldnt be able to pick up barly used chaps for 1/4 the price other wise.
I have given away (donated to good will) high quality (hein gerike) leather pants (shrunk on me) that i bought in Europe and used just a couple of times.

I'm guilty!
Been riding since i was a kid. Thats.... let me get my calculator out......47 years. Always loved bikes, but there where a few years in between when i didn't ride, cause a lack of money. I can now walk into a dealer and pay cash for any bike i want and buy my vehicles and other stuff in cash too. I am debt free and love it. Think that comes with working, saving and investing. If that makes me a wallet biker, I'm proud of it.
Everybody that rides, is a biker to me, regardless on how thick or thin his wallet is. No matter if he's a 1%'er member or the kid next door on his first dirt bike. I'll pull over to help a guy on a Vespa the same as a guy on a harley. I dont care how bad *** somebody is or thinks he is and couldn't care less if a guy been across the continent 3 times or not. We are all bikers.
Another 4 weeks or so, and I'll be starting to ride instead of sitting here, reading old posts.
Happy and safe riding!

Old 03-07-2013, 09:57 AM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by booch
I only read back about 5 pages but you seem to be on every page with a daily diary of what a hard *** rider you are and how everyone else must be a poser for not riding in cold temps.
According to your maps of where you have ridden you have been everywhere and seriously, I wish I had the time to have been to that many places, and good for you, but really, we get it, your the best,
I have a new hero now.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:07 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Like fly's. After the first freeze they all come out.

Somehow two guys talking about bad weather and one lives in CA, the other in AZ just seems funny to me.

It's now 20 degree's and spring is a long ways off. grrrrrrrr...

al

Old 03-07-2013, 10:11 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by AllenW
Somehow two guys talking about bad weather and one lives in CA, the other in AZ just seems funny to me.

al
Thats the point Al. You would think you would see bikes all year round but first freeze they all scatter.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:21 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Thats the point Al. You would think you would see bikes all year round but first freeze they all scatter.
Might just be conditioning, I remember the one time it snowed in Harlingen Texas when I was there, streets were deseted, cars and bikes both.
After two years down there I dam near froze when I came back here and it was in the high 40's.
Blood thins down a bit I guess.

Or they could just be pussies..

al

Old 03-07-2013, 10:22 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

I think more of the latter.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:30 AM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
Thanks! Except for the sissy bad and my left saddlebag, I haven't done anything to it because of my "empty wallet". I want pipes but with the AC and tuner as an added expense, I probably won't get them.
No sweat. No need to change much. And when you have it 20 years down the line still nearly stock, it will be worth more than other Blacklines that are pimped out. haha.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:10 AM
GinsengSullivan
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I think more of the latter.

LOL says the guy from CA HAHAHAHA Whatever you need to do to make yourself feel better bout yourself... go for it!

Old 03-07-2013, 11:28 AM
CB024
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AllenW

al
Good point Allen. I think the coldest I rode in was in the mid 30's but other than that its been 40ish weather in the mornings and nice in the afternoons.

*edit* actually the coldest morning I rode in was in January and 28 degrees. I only own summer gloves so needless to say I thought my fingers were going to fall off. Glad it was only a 20 mile ride into work.

Last edited by CB024; 03-07-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Ape Hangers
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cowboy Rob
And I thought we had the worst bikers. Around here is if it is under 60,or over 85 you don't see a bike on the road.
Damn! you're kidding, that's pretty funny

Quick Reply: Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!