The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 05:58 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by OLDDEADEYE
A term jealous types use to describe owners who have a lot of coin and use a bike just to bar hop or for socializing.

I have a boat that I only use in "No shirt" weather.

I guess that makes me a "Wallet Boater".
Hey that makes me a wallet boater too. But I also have a horse that I try not to take riding in the rain so WTF, I'm a wallet cowboy.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
I'm an empty wallet biker.
ain't that the truth!

Old 03-06-2013, 09:25 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

This was a fun thread. I just read the entire thing again. Some people sure get their panties in a knot trying to defend why they're ***** whipped.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Spring is comin. More and more bikes on the road every day.
Oh crap. Why did you resurrect this thread?

Old 03-06-2013, 09:35 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by zeus33
This was a fun thread. I just read the entire thing again. Some people sure get their panties in a knot trying to defend why they're ***** whipped.
Bout sums it up. I sure did catch hell the first few pages. Fun thread though. No hate on credit card bikers though. They are good for the used bike market. Wouldnt be able to pick up barly used chaps for 1/4 the price other wise.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

The wife is upset because I'm making doc appt's on the bike and it's too cold for her to ride along...but putting gas in the 14mpg truck ain't gonna get me a new rotor, tires and battery that's going out. All on the bike.
Too bad.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:40 PM
The Outlaw
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
Oh crap. Why did you resurrect this thread?
to remind me how miserable i am because i cant ride....

the temps arent my problem though. tax return time means home improvement time so i've been crawling around on my knees for the past week playing carpenter, plumber, handyman rather than riding around in the cold with my ninja mask on

besides heated jacket liner this stupid under armor "cold weather" bakalava (sp?) is the best money i've spent on the bike. i look like a fat retarded ninja but i can enjoy riding with temps in the low 30's so much more.

i really gotta get this crap around the house done LIKE YESTERDAY....

Old 03-06-2013, 10:24 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Someone bringing this thread back to life lets me total what a fat wallet biker can do in the winter.

Since Nov. 1st to date I have ridden 68 days for 7,500+ miles in temps from the low 20's up and during the few snow storms that we have had in Illinois. Most of the miles were on my 07 FXSTC when the roads were clear. When snowing or the roads weren't clear the Ural Patrol with sidecar and 2WD was the bike of choice.

I do use heated gloves but the layers of winter gear was more than sufficient to be comfortable. The Timberline Pro boots stayed warm enough for 2 to 3 hours of riding.

Both bikes are in desperate need of washing as they are covered thick with dried road spray. But that will have to wait until spring. I am lazy and will only wash them once after the winter riding is over. The Softail will be stored until 2014 as it has done it's share of use for this year. The Ural will be prepped for a ride up to Dead Horse in late May.

So, if one's passion is motorcycles and riding it is not necessary to be in the southern climates. It just is not that much of a challenge to ride year around.

Last edited by lh4x4; 03-06-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:05 AM
booch
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Someone bringing this thread back to life lets me total what a fat wallet biker can do in the winter.

Since Nov. 1st to date I have ridden 68 days for 7,500+ miles in temps from the low 20's up and during the few snow storms that we have had in Illinois. Most of the miles were on my 07 FXSTC when the roads were clear. When snowing or the roads weren't clear the Ural Patrol with sidecar and 2WD was the bike of choice.

I do use heated gloves but the layers of winter gear was more than sufficient to be comfortable. The Timberline Pro boots stayed warm enough for 2 to 3 hours of riding.

Both bikes are in desperate need of washing as they are covered thick with dried road spray. But that will have to wait until spring. I am lazy and will only wash them once after the winter riding is over. The Softail will be stored until 2014 as it has done it's share of use for this year. The Ural will be prepped for a ride up to Dead Horse in late May.

So, if one's passion is motorcycles and riding it is not necessary to be in the southern climates. It just is not that much of a challenge to ride year around.
I only read back about 5 pages but you seem to be on every page with a daily diary of what a hard *** rider you are and how everyone else must be a poser for not riding in cold temps.
According to your maps of where you have ridden you have been everywhere and seriously, I wish I had the time to have been to that many places, and good for you, but really, we get it, your the best,
I have a new hero now.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:41 AM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
I'm an empty wallet biker.
Interesting you say that, Chickin. I think you have one of the nicest looking bikes on the forum. No shiznit. Your nearly stock Blackline is killin it.

Sometimes we open up our wallets too much and overdo it on the mods. No need to fix what ain't broken.

Quick Reply: Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!