The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 07:09 AM
LarryLives
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

No wind, no snow, I GO!

Old 11-19-2012, 06:04 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Now that I have the FXSTC running, I took it out in the scattered light rain today for a 110 mile run. Saw two other bikes out. One was a BMW rider really geared up and a Dyna.

When I filled up at my station of choice (91 octane no alcohol & it's own hose) the cashier said did I know it was raining. I said yes and at 72 I have yet to melt in the rain.

Closing in on 3K for the month and 23K for the year.

So again to the OP, this fat wallet biker is still out there. Where are you?

Old 11-19-2012, 06:57 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Wow, guys who ride when it's cold out....big effin deal. I,m so impressed with your unique ability. If that's your only way to get to work then you are even more unique." I rode to work and it was 32 degrees" Give me a break...so what.
I ride my bicycle in the middle of winter in Canada and I don't care to tell anyone how special it is to do and you know why, BECAUSE IT AIN'T SPECIAL.
Now then, if you can ride your Harley across Canada in the middle of winter I'll be impressed, I'll think you are crazy also.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:07 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by skidder
Wow, guys who ride when it's cold out....big effin deal. I,m so impressed with your unique ability. If that's your only way to get to work then you are even more unique." I rode to work and it was 32 degrees" Give me a break...so what.
I ride my bicycle in the middle of winter in Canada and I don't care to tell anyone how special it is to do and you know why, BECAUSE IT AIN'T SPECIAL.
Now then, if you can ride your Harley across Canada in the middle of winter I'll be impressed, I'll think you are crazy also.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:20 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Now that I have the FXSTC running, I took it out in the scattered light rain today for a 110 mile run. Saw two other bikes out. One was a BMW rider really geared up and a Dyna.

When I filled up at my station of choice (91 octane no alcohol & it's own hose) the cashier said did I know it was raining. I said yes and at 72 I have yet to melt in the rain.

Closing in on 3K for the month and 23K for the year.

So again to the OP, this fat wallet biker is still out there. Where are you?
I personally know the OP and have ridden with the OP and believe me he can ride a motorcycle just like you can. Come to think of it, I think we all ride motorcycles like you can.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I can't. Don't have the plastic.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:07 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

skidder:

No poster said that others can't ride. But, the OP came close when he claimed some (fat wallet bikers) disappeared in cold weather. Can't your friend speak for himself?

Until last year I was a member of the Quad City Bicycle Club and we did three rides a year 52 weeks a year. Riding a bicycle in cold weather as you should know is much easier than a motorcycle as a great deal of body heat is generated.

Love riding in Canada. Last year I did 1K across three Provence's in 22.5 hours. I bought a Ural recently to use going to some of the haul roads next year. The ride up B.C. and the Yukon Terr. is a fantastic ride. Did that in 09 on an adventure touring bike.

Did 251 miles today and came across about a dozen bikes. How was your ride?

Last edited by lh4x4; 11-20-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:28 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

skidder:

No poster said that others can't ride. But, the OP came close when he claimed some (fat wallet bikers) disappeared in cold weather. Can't your friend speak for himself?

Until last year I was a member of the Quad City Bicycle Club and we did three rides a year 52 weeks a year. Riding a bicycle in cold weather as you should know is much easier than a motorcycle as a great deal of body heat is generated.

Love riding in Canada. Last year I did 1K across three Provence's in 22.5 hours. I bought a Ural recently to use going to some of the haul roads next year. The ride up B.C. and the Yukon Terr. is a fantastic ride. Did that in 09 on an adventure touring bike.

Sure I can. The point of this thread was with such nice weather here on the coast of Cali most of the motorcycle enthusiasts must be of the credit card biker variation. They put the sleds away soon as the temps dip below 75* Troll post, sure was a little bit. Been a fun thread and lit some tampon strings along the way as twist said. If people cant take a jab then they think too much of themselves! This thread is right up there with the "pusification" thread.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:39 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member

skidder:

Today was minus 10 celcius and it snowed, I doubt there was one motorcyclist out in all of Western Canada (cept the coast) and if there was they have serious sanity issues.
I bought snow tires for my car today.
I'll ride when it's warmer and more fun and not feel the need to dress up like Nanook the Eskimo to get my miles piled up.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:00 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by skidder
Today was minus 10 celcius and it snowed, I doubt there was one motorcyclist out in all of Western Canada (cept the coast) and if there was they have serious sanity issues.
I bought snow tires for my car today.
I'll ride when it's warmer and more fun and not feel the need to dress up like Nanook the Eskimo to get my miles piled up.
I ride when the wind snaps the jolly Roger straight out on the poop deck

Quick Reply: Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!