The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Agree with all; it's a matter of degrees, not manlitude...in most cases.
Still, I'll rather ride and suffer some discomfort than watch tv. So therefore, I, as others do, seek out tips, tricks, and gear, to allow us to pretend it's summer, and also to feel the rush.
Wallet bikers will sit at home because they never did really have a thing for RIDEing, just a thing for ...whatever.
I ride.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:06 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Benway - Been successfully married for 47 years now. Raised three sons. Started them on motorbikes when each was 8. They are in their 30's to 40 now.

The visited areas in my avatar and signature were achieved with my sons by going on two tours each year.

It's going to be in the 50's here this week end but I won't be riding as my wife and I are going to see the new grand baby in Minneapolis.

I have been riding since 1956. With 9 bikes in the garage my wife might be upset that I didn't ride them. I am living the plan that I had during my working life. Life is good.

The OP's theme of this resurrected thread was that "fat wallet" bikers aka rubs abandoned ship when the good weather was over. The correct theme is that those without a deep passion for motorcycling are the ones that don't ride except in ideal conditions and has nothing to do with their financial status.

I just got this 2WD machine to handle the more severe weather this winter.

Last edited by lh4x4; 11-14-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:09 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Benway
Might also be that you don't have what's keeping them indoors. Just sayin'. If it was just me and the bike, sure as hell I'd spend all my time on it. Don't knock others because they have families and such to occupy a good deal of their time.
Yup... definitely need a cage to get the family to the biker bar! Grab a couple of stools, two booster seats and a high chair. We need two Miller Lights and two chocolate milks!

Old 11-15-2012, 01:56 AM
LimeNine9r
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rode last week, walked out of voting polls knowing I had just wasted precious time that I could've been riding, ended up here, down by Stillwater River - Dayton Ohio area

Old 11-15-2012, 02:35 AM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by AllenW
Road to work it was 21 degree's, does that make me a biker???

No offense to anyone, but been riding since about 64 and I now ride when I can enjoy it, if you think that makes me a whimp, that's your problem not mine, I've payed way more dues than needed.

Al
First of all, why not have a little friendly competition among friends? We're guys. We do stuff for no particular reason.

That said, I enjoy riding. I'll do anything to be on my bike rather than in the car. I could easily just jump in the car to run errands. It takes more time to put my gear on to ride in cooler temps. So what? As long as there's no ice on the road it beats the hell out of a car.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:58 AM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by LimeNine9r
I rode last week, walked out of voting polls knowing I had just wasted precious time that I could've been riding, ended up here, down by Stillwater River - Dayton Ohio area
Sweet pic, ride, and road. I have lots of family in/around Dayton. I'm gonna have to look this up.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:05 AM
TheRooster
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baka1969
First of all, why not have a little friendly competition among friends? We're guys. We do stuff for no particular reason.

That said, I enjoy riding. I'll do anything to be on my bike rather than in the car. I could easily just jump in the car to run errands. It takes more time to put my gear on to ride in cooler temps. So what? As long as there's no ice on the road it beats the hell out of a car.
Ditto.

Even then, if I had a bike where I didn't care if the frame got eaten alive by the 4 tons of salt MDOT drops all over the place, I'd probably try to ride. But that crap then eats your leathers, your face, your eyes. . .bleeeeeeeeeeeeeh. . .not to mention, it's like getting pinged in the face with gravel.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:23 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Hit the bike with the hose at the house and it should be okay - if the hose ain't froze...

Old 11-15-2012, 09:48 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by baka1969

Little friendly comp is fine, but judging a man's worth by whether he rides in sub freezing temps is a bit short sighted imho.

Or it might have been a bad day when I posted that.

Al

Old 11-15-2012, 09:54 AM
speckfisher
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Benway - Been successfully married for 47 years now. Raised three sons. Started them on motorbikes when each was 8. They are in their 30's to 40 now.

The visited areas in my avatar and signature were achieved with my sons by going on two tours each year.

It's going to be in the 50's here this week end but I won't be riding as my wife and I are going to see the new grand baby in Minneapolis.

I have been riding since 1956. With 9 bikes in the garage my wife might be upset that I didn't ride them. I am living the plan that I had during my working life. Life is good.

The OP's theme of this resurrected thread was that "fat wallet" bikers aka rubs abandoned ship when the good weather was over. The correct theme is that those without a deep passion for motorcycling are the ones that don't ride except in ideal conditions and has nothing to do with their financial status.

I just got this 2WD machine to handle the more severe weather this winter.
Rain, wind, hot, cold - No Problem,,,,snow, ice, salt all over the roads - Not Me..LOL

Quick Reply: Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!