The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Sweetbaboo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just kidding! But seriously, salt is what really brings an end to my riding season. I don't much like riding on salted roads, and right now it's snowing outside so it won't be long before I hear the truck. And, ever since my open-heart surgery my chest really hurts when I tense up from the cold. And fellas, I'm talking about a serious kind of hurt. Also, last month I bought a new Power Vision and I'm so bummed that the riding season is coming to an end. I want to play with it dammit!

Check out the video, it's an old Panhead:

Last edited by Sweetbaboo; 11-06-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:09 AM
supercrewser
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont need to brave the cold to prove my toughness, that went out the window when I was younger, back then 40 miles in the low 30's was not a big deal but now a days when I see a biker and its cold. I reach over a grab my coffee and thank god I can feel my hands.LOL!! Enjoy the cold guys I will keep an eye out for you.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Cosmic Charlie
Elite HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts

We Don't Need No Stinkin Warm Weather

Attached Thumbnails Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!-hot_girl_and_red_corvette_snow_s-1.jpg  
Old 11-06-2012, 05:25 PM
bobber33!
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't really have much of a choice. I don't have any other form of transportation. Except for my triple A card.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:29 PM
edilgdaor
Banned
Received 6,612 Likes on 3,880 Posts

Originally Posted by 1200 Low Rider
I am new to biking and Harleys, so maybe I am missing something here. But, I thought this was a "brotherhood". Does it matter if I stop riding at 40 degs and my budy rides when ever he can in the winter. Nope, still friends. So, why does it matter when or where. If we all ride we all ride. Shouldnt matter who rides when. If you like riding in the cold, go for it. I prefer the hot days myself. And my wife likes the cooler days. So what..... sometimes I dont get this site. Seems like if you dont ride till it snows and every single day and put miles and miles on; your not a "biker". Well, guess I am not there yet then. Oh well.
This might be a group but it's full of different individual.

It's wrong to think we all have the same opinion.

For instance, in this matter we probably have people who care about other people's business, some that say they do NOT care but do so with a very strong opinion, and some people who believe you can do whatever you want whenever and wherever you want as long as itdoesn't hurt anybody.

So don't worry about voicing an opinion that someone may not agree with, because some people will disagree just to make a name for themselves (and they don't even care if it's a BAD name).

Old 11-06-2012, 06:43 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1200 Low Rider
I am new to biking and Harleys, so maybe I am missing something here. But, I thought this was a "brotherhood". Does it matter if I stop riding at 40 degs and my budy rides when ever he can in the winter. Nope, still friends. So, why does it matter when or where. If we all ride we all ride. Shouldnt matter who rides when. If you like riding in the cold, go for it. I prefer the hot days myself. And my wife likes the cooler days. So what..... sometimes I dont get this site. Seems like if you dont ride till it snows and every single day and put miles and miles on; your not a "biker". Well, guess I am not there yet then. Oh well.
Brotherhood? Why do people think they belong to some type of brotherhood when they buy a Harley? One of the salesmen at the dealer where I bought mine told me "Welcome to the brotherhood" and I was wondering what the hell he meant? Are we all kin now?

Ride your bike when and where and how and in what temps or weather you want to. Be an individual. Take care of you and yours and lend a hand to anyone who needs one. You'll do just fine.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:00 PM
sprinklerape
Cruiser

I don't mind rain. I don't mind cold. I do however, mind a cold rain. If its below 50 degrees and raining, it's hard for me. I've been forced into it a couple times and hated every mile. This time of year, I watch the weather close before heading out too far.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sprinklerape
I don't mind rain. I don't mind cold. I do however, mind a cold rain. If its below 50 degrees and raining, it's hard for me. I've been forced into it a couple times and hated every mile. This time of year, I watch the weather close before heading out too far.
Most people would agree, but never admit to it on these forums. It's also why you rarely see any riders when the weather goes south like that.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:32 PM
omaho5
Road Master

From central NH here. nov. 6th..This morn 15 degrees.
People from Cal. should not complain about riding in cool temps.
I'll be riding this weekend when it is going up to a warm 45 and sunny.
Please don't think less of me cuz I got a few bucks, too.
Worked my *** off to get a few nice things.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:16 PM
jmale1972
Road Master

Originally Posted by patrickd
Brotherhood? Why do people think they belong to some type of brotherhood when they buy a Harley? One of the salesmen at the dealer where I bought mine told me "Welcome to the brotherhood" and I was wondering what the hell he meant? Are we all kin now?

Ride your bike when and where and how and in what temps or weather you want to. Be an individual. Take care of you and yours and lend a hand to anyone who needs one. You'll do just fine.
Ditto that, I agree w/everything u just said....

Quick Reply: Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!