The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 05:49 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

OMG, worked my azz off today around the house, and it was a beautiful day too, -2 in the morning +5 in the afternoon (30F-40F). I did manage to ride though, rode the bike from the bike garage in the back to the car garage out front, about a 100Meters. BUT, tomorrow is another day, I will be up and gone early, planning a major ride tomorrow, really looking forward to hitting the highway, music blasting, pipes humming. Don't expect to see too many posers out, which is good, I hate waving to all the lamos all the time.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:29 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Put 100 miles on today. Windy and 60 degrees. Saw about 6 bikes.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:51 PM
mrmarklin
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by soft 02
Now that its getting cooler and moist all the wallet bikers have put there bikes away and hopped in the suv's. Now all I see are the 5 or 6 regulars on the road. Winters coming!
Still a lot of us on the road in NoCal.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Ragnar Danneskjöld
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lost a majority of riders here as well. Including me, because I melted the sh*t out of my battery. I'd drive to the dealer but I have no car. Gonna have to work something out, only a few months of riding left.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Wallet Biker?!!? - Guilty! - ...I need one to carry all that cash to pay for the Caramel Macchiatto at Starbucks.

Last edited by Whiskers; 10-16-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:53 PM
docsg
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When it starts raining or it drops below 30deg it gets real lonely around here. Kinda nice!
Well, I guess I'm a great example of a "wallet biker" or whatever the f**k that is! I live in LA (Lower Alabama) and when it gets cold or rains, I personally don't fire up the scooter (unless I have to). I bought to enjoy riding, not freezing my a$$ off or getting soaking wet. I have ridden in heavy rains and colder weather but, and this may be just me, I didn't find it all that exciting or fun. But, I'm a rider who detests windshields. After you have ridden 300-400 miles at 70+ mph with no windshield, you know you have had a day of riding. So I guess I'm a "wallet, windshield-less biker." However all my riding buddies are "windshield" riders and they think I'm crazy. But, that's what makes the H-D community so unique-most follow their own drum beat......well, off to scrape the bugs off my face shield....

Old 10-16-2011, 02:52 PM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Now that its getting cooler and moist all the wallet bikers have put there bikes away and hopped in the suv's. Now all I see are the 5 or 6 regulars on the road. Winters coming!
Not my fault you are so broke you can't even afford a wallet.

I got an old velcro wallet from grade school I will send ya for free. I will also throw in one of those old school velcro shoe wallets that contains my lucky nickel when I was 13. Enjoy!

Old 10-16-2011, 02:57 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Still windy, overcast and scattered rain. So, I rode up along the Mississippi then east and back south. That gave me 150 miles in this 50 degree weather. The route 84 north following the river usually had hundreds of bikes on weekends but only saw about 18 on the entire ride.

Where is the OP that started this? He dissed on what he called "wallet bikers" whatever that is. I assume he meant fair weather riders.

I have decided to be the spokesman for all "wallet riders" and will post every ride through next spring when most return.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:06 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Still windy, overcast and scattered rain. So, I rode up along the Mississippi then east and back south. That gave me 150 miles in this 50 degree weather. The route 84 north following the river usually had hundreds of bikes on weekends but only saw about 18 on the entire ride.

Where is the OP that started this? He dissed on what he called "wallet bikers" whatever that is. I assume he meant fair weather riders.

I have decided to be the spokesman for all "wallet riders" and will post every ride through next spring when most return.
This is funny. Lighten up people. I was saying that once it cooled off the majority of seasonal riders put their bikes away. I wasn't trieng to disrespect anyone who is a seasonal rider but it seems to have offended some. It's not hard to ride year round here if you don't mind some rain. I don't believe that makes you a biker and I don't know what you define as a real biker and I probably qualify as a RUB here. Yes my phrasing was confrontational but get over it. The suns back out and so are the seasonal riders.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

Did a quick four hours today with my.wife on a badlander seat... She is ready for another four... 50 degrees, 20 mph wind gusts and light rain. Had my wallet with me...

How did the OP purchase his sled without a wallet? Purse?

Ride safe fellas!

Quick Reply: Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!