The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 11:11 AM
jafhdo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a few have commented, the early morning commutes have definitely become lonely around the Northern Virginia / DC Metro area.

I'm not going to make any comments about the ones that aren't riding. I might frustrate some thin-skinned individuals that have 2,000 gazillion posts, or is retired and manages two or three 5000 mile trips a year spending the rest of the time waxing or some other reason for not riding.

Give it a break! How many poser/rub/not-a-biker threads do we have to have?

Old 10-11-2011, 06:21 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Been riding during the day every day since Aug. 5th. Meet bikes on the road every day. This is a big county with a population of only about 52,000 people.

Of course week ends have more riders. No many have put away bikes just yet.

Last edited by lh4x4; 10-11-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Sandhog
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

If I wanna go somewhere and feel like riding....
I ride.If I don't, I take the truck.If its 14 degrees out and I feel like riding,I take the truck.
BECAUSE ITS FRIGGIN COLD AND THE TRUCK HAS HEAT.Thats just the way I am,and at 49 years of age I doubt Ill change any time soon.
The best part about being me is that I couldnt give a rats *** what anyone else thinks.
"Wallet Riders",fair weather bikers,candy asses,"puzzies",or the other million and one words for it dont mean ****.
"Im more of a biker than you because I ride when its cold".BIG DEAL!!!!

Old 10-11-2011, 06:51 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandhog
If I wanna go somewhere and feel like riding....
I ride.If I don't, I take the truck.If its 14 degrees out and I feel like riding,I take the truck.
BECAUSE ITS FRIGGIN COLD AND THE TRUCK HAS HEAT.Thats just the way I am,and at 49 years of age I doubt Ill change any time soon.
The best part about being me is that I couldnt give a rats *** what anyone else thinks.
"Wallet Riders",fair weather bikers,candy asses,"puzzies",or the other million and one words for it dont mean ****.
"Im more of a biker than you because I ride when its cold".BIG DEAL!!!!
This forum is a popularity contest, occasionally punctuated by useful information.

Its hilarious to see so many big bad bikers on this forum act like little girls, worrying about what others are wearing, or who is more of a "real biker".

Old 10-11-2011, 08:27 PM
dsbfxdwg
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parabellum_9x19
This forum is a popularity contest, occasionally punctuated by useful information.

Its hilarious to see so many big bad bikers on this forum act like little girls, worrying about what others are wearing, or who is more of a "real biker".

Old 10-11-2011, 09:11 PM
leadman
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

My favorite time of the year to ride.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:15 PM
UFOtestpilot
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My rain trousers I ordered on Sunday just hit my door today, and what do you know...

...they have a wallet pocket. I'll probably just keep using my trusty ol' money clip in the front pocket of my jeans though.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:28 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I rode to lunch today as I often do when I'm working from home. It was a chilly 80 degrees on my 30 minute ride and I didn't see any other bikes so I must be a real biker now.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:13 PM
fixedmlc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiggy
If you're cold and uncomfortable riding when it's cold then you're not dressed right. Nothing "tough guy" about it, ( unless you're not too terribly bright.)

Takes me 10 extra minutes to dress these cold mornings, and 4 minutes to peel it all off when I get to the office, ( Electric gloves, chaps, goggles, face mask, long johns...etc,) but I'm toasty warm for the 1 hour and 37 miles everyday at 5:30 in the morning. Beautiful countryside commute in the woods.

You're cold? What'sa matter with you? Go shopping and get the right gear!
You get on with your bad self, Mr. Stay-Puft-Marshmallow man! I'll have a sip of hot coffee tomorrow morning, just for you! (where do I plug in all that electrical stuff on an old sportster any way??)

Old 10-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Stixman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was in my late 20's and early 30's my bike was my only mode of transportation and the cold and rain didn't bother me.
Now in my 50's I don't like riding when the temp drops below 50 degrees. Not big on riding in the rain but don't care when I get caught in the rain when the weather turns to crap when I'm out riding.
I'm a kidney cancer survivor 5 years now and I go to dialysis 3 times a week for 4 hours a shot and watch my blood go through the tube into the dialyser and back into my body via another tube. Keeps me alive.
I may be a RUB/poser/wallet biker but I'm tough enough.

Quick Reply: Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!