The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 05:05 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Thanks for the compliment and yes she is no trailer queen. should break a 100k this year. Gotta love livin in Cali.
Love riding in Cali. The wife and I rode our non-functional Dynas down from Canada and had a blast. Rode nearly 10,000 miles this summer on our shiny pretty bikes in all kinds of weather, took a bunch of pictures too. Rode from Palm Desert to LA one night with no windshield,ape hangers and a t-shirt and jeans was all I had on, damn it's windy on that I-10.
Lowers...pffft who needs them, I know what kind of rider does need them.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:25 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by zeus33
That's why I got them. Too many times I'd be on my way to work or home from work hit the rain and end up with water filling up my shoes. Also, living in Alberta, we have a lot of cold weather. Sitting there for several hours with sub zero wind blowing on your legs is dangerous. Your legs freeze to the point that you can't feel the brake under your foot. It's dangerous. The lowers really help in that regard.

Some people don't understand the concept of a functional bike. Which is fine. They like getting dressed up all pretty, then putting around and showing off how pretty their bikes are. Then stopping and admiring each others outfits and admiring each others bikes, how pretty they are. Then taking pictures of them posing in front of their bikes showing how bad *** they are. That's fine. To each his own. I ride for me and don't really care if someone approves of my gear or not.
Hmmm, let's see now. Posing and pictures...ain't that you and your bike on your face page. Tsk,tsk.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:49 PM
fixedmlc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This fall I like arriving at work and actually feeling my fingers.

I'm just not into freezing my you-know-whats this year. I see a guy riding a Fat Boy in carharts almost every morning and think "good for him" as I take a sip of hot coffee in the truck and smile at his choice as well as mine.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,817 Likes on 3,171 Posts

If you're cold and uncomfortable riding when it's cold then you're not dressed right. Nothing "tough guy" about it, ( unless you're not too terribly bright.)

Takes me 10 extra minutes to dress these cold mornings, and 4 minutes to peel it all off when I get to the office, ( Electric gloves, chaps, goggles, face mask, long johns...etc,) but I'm toasty warm for the 1 hour and 37 miles everyday at 5:30 in the morning. Beautiful countryside commute in the woods.

You're cold? What'sa matter with you? Go shopping and get the right gear!

Old 10-07-2011, 06:13 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gred-04
No you also have to have ridden at least 1000 miles from home
Also, don't forget to leave the wallet at home.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:15 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,354 Likes on 5,496 Posts

Live in the cold country and mostly like ride more miles than most in a year.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:39 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by skidder
Love riding in Cali. The wife and I rode our non-functional Dynas down from Canada and had a blast. Rode nearly 10,000 miles this summer on our shiny pretty bikes in all kinds of weather, took a bunch of pictures too. Rode from Palm Desert to LA one night with no windshield,ape hangers and a t-shirt and jeans was all I had on, damn it's windy on that I-10.
Lowers...pffft who needs them, I know what kind of rider does need them.
What do you want?? You already said it's too cold out for you and you put your bike away. Maybe you want a gold star because you rode to california? Big deal, this is a bike forum, everyone here rides, nobody is impressed that you rode your bike, woopeee.

You're a fair weather rider chump, that's what this thread is about. Fair weather riders have put their bikes away.

See Ya poser.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:59 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by zeus33
What do you want?? You already said it's too cold out for you and you put your bike away. Maybe you want a gold star because you rode to california? Big deal, this is a bike forum, everyone here rides, nobody is impressed that you rode your bike, woopeee.

You're a fair weather rider chump, that's what this thread is about. Fair weather riders have put their bikes away.

See Ya poser.
I put one bike away, I still ride the dirt bike and ride my peddle bike to work. You probably could'nt run 50 feet before you had a coronary, fat slob.
Just keep riding your pussified fugly panzied up work horse(donkey) in the cold, no one's impressed that you do. I ride when it's cold... big deal.
See ya squid.
And don't forget to show your wife this thread so she can back up your sorry ***. ****in liar.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I still see bikers out. I saw a lot today, but for some reason whenever I ride home from work I never see any. Maybe they don't like the mid 40s weather at midnight. A lot of people are fair weather riders. Round here when it's raining I'd see maybe one other guy out and never see any when its cold.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:05 PM
warrconn
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Man, my two favorite riding seasons are in the fall and the spring. Summer is great, of course, but the cooler WX at the beginning and the end are special.

Quick Reply: Looks like all the wallet bikers are off the roads now!